a cruel, soulless monster

the soulless have no need for melancholia- Vladimir Odovesky

- Vladimir Odovesky

A soulless monster, that's what Ella is. Bella wanted to say that but knowing Edward's views on soul-ownership she refrained from that exact wording.

Noelle Swan, was Bella's twin. However, the Swan twins were anything but. They were not identical nor did they have signs of a relationship between them.

Bella Swan, while shy and awkward had a certain naive sense of impression about her. Thats why her boyfriend was a vampire. She didn't care for his past and she didn't judge. But she did judge Noelle, and she did care about her past.

Noelle Swan, was not shy nor awkward. There was an air of coldness around her. Like someone you pass on the street and know in your heart that you never want to talk to them, either out of fear or sheer instinct.  She did not care for others around and Bella swears that vampires had more specks of humanity that her twin.

Noelle was cold and cruel. She never wanted anything to do with Bella and insinuated that Bella was "naive fool and pathetically oblivious to anyone but herself".

"When we were kids, she got into an accident at some frozen lake Charlie took us to."

I got up from my bed and started to walk around the room. Just talking about her gives me a headache sometimes.

"What accident Bella?" Edward asked her.

Why was Edward so concerned with Ella. Why is anyone so concerned with her. WHY IS SHE ALWAYS THE CENTRE OF ATTENTION! Bella screamed internally.

"There was a crack in the lake and she fell in, Charlie jumped in the water after her but because the lake was frozen it was hard to see where she was and I guess it took a few minutes before they found her." Bella looked up to Edward, staring back at him, "Renee was mortified when she found out. Ella was taken to the hospital, she stayed for two weeks. They said it was a miracle she survived as long she did given the temperature of the water. Renee blamed Charlie for everything, and I guess that was the last nail in the coffin for her to leave him and take us to Arizona".

"What happened between your sister and you?"

"We were kids when it happened but after that Ella became really mean to everyone. She wouldn't speak or say anything. The trauma made her extra cautious of everything so far that she started to develop germaphobia and anxiety in some cases.

Edward furrowed his eyebrows. For a vampire it is almost so funny to notice how certain things just fly over his head. I have always wondered about it, how Edward is such an old man in a young boy's body. How all that knowledge and experience is reflected in his frozen state of 17. It's peculiar at time.

"She wears gloves all the time and, um, takes a couple of pills too. But that's the story of my twin I guess." Bella put up her hands in defeat when she finished her story.

Edward was intrigued. People lie about everything from their jobs, their salaries, their daily lives to matters like their favourite colour or band, what clothes they like, what their husbands said to them on Valentine's. The point was that everybody lies but he didn't understand why Bella lied about having no siblings when they first met.

He wanted to know more but didn't know if he should ask anymore seems Bella seemed visibly tense. But in a couple of hours he would soon find out. He would soon find out about the 'monster' Bella claimed Noelle was.