la confrontation

Curiosity killed the cat

"I said, WHAT THE HELL TOOK YOU SO LONG!"

Noelle didn't respond to her sister's childish screams. Her eyes had dilated in fear of what would happen if her sister continued yapping.

"Well"? Bella questioned her sister. She crossed her arms, standing in-front of her sister. In all of the days she could have picked, Bella decided to pick today to finally stand up to her fears.

Noelle started to walk away from the confrontation. She brushed past Bella and walked quickly back to room.

When suddenly, Bella grabbed her sister's arm. Noelle still had her back to her Bella. She could feel the coldness seeping through, the voices intensity increasing. It was not good.

Not. Good. At. All.

Bella's grip on Noelle's arm was tightening. Bella saw red. She wanted to rip into her twin about her faults and all of her wrongdoings. This was the time to make Noelle pay, Bella thought.

The moment she parted her thin lips to let her anger flush through, her hand on Noelle's arm felt eerie. The sensation that passed through her hand was unexplainable. Without a second to process what was going Bella's hand was in excruciating pain. She snatched her hand off Ella's arm and fell back on the carpet.

Her hand was cradled against her chest and her eyes widen at the supernatural occurrence in her home (other than her vampire boyfriend).

Noelle slowly turned her head to her sister sinisterly. It was like one of those horror movies where the cursed twists their neck with an accompanying cracklings sound.

She flashed her eyes, which had turned into a shade of white, to her tiny sister. Elle's eyes were shimmering like crystals under a bright light. Noelle looked at her sister's horrified face and returned back to her room without another word.

The only sound that whispered in the Swan house following that dramatic incident was a thud by which Noelle slammed her door.

Bella, still laying on the floor, was processing all that had happened between her sister and her on what was supposed to be a normal Monday morning. She was astonished by it all. The white eyes, the pain she had felt when she touched her sister's arm and the most surprising was her sister's quiet demeanour throughout it all.

Bella brought her attention back to her seething hand. Her hand had a cold sensation with a prickly feeling every time she touched it.

Bella used her other hand to steady herself as she rose from her current position and headed towards her bedroom. As she made the short trip to her bedroom she didn't know what had happened. She didn't have any possible, reasonable explanations for what had happened.

And that's when it Bella realized that she did not have any reasonable explanation for it. Exactly what had happened with the Cullens.

Maybe Noelle knew the Cullens? Maybe she was a vampire as well? The eyes and the cold skin would explain it. Bella though internally at the new revelation. However, she felt angry at her new theory. If her sister was a vampire it meant the spotlight was once again given to her bitch of an older sibling. She hated that. Immortality was hers and hers alone.

Bella sighed loudly. Her battle with her sister had begun and Bella lost the first round. But she was determined to never that happened again. She was suddenly brought back to reality when she realized she was standing outside of her bedroom door for quite some while.

She entered her room and closed the door behind her. She glanced back at her hand again and was shocked. The symptoms were progressing now. Her hand was inflamed and it had turned a bright red colour. The feeling on the skin was turning hard and it was becoming numb.

Inflammation.
Discolouration.
Numbness.
Cold sensation.

Bella made a mental note of all them and quickly typed them into her laptop. Her eyes glossed over the results,

frostbite; frostnip; superficial frost bite; deep frost bite; amputation; rewarm affected area

Isabelle was no longer shocked but confused now. Whenever she touched Edward all she felt was cold. So, how could a single physical contact with her sister lead to frostbite? Her head racing with questions, Bella immediately noted the aftercare of frostbite and left her room to go back to the scene of the crime.

Bella unearthed the Cullens secret. Now, she was going to do the same to her sister.

"Watch out Noelle. Watch out!" Bella whispered fo herself as she let the warm water rinse over her red hand.