tour your truth

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
-Arthur Conan Doyle

"So vampires?"

Billy smirked at Noelle's statement. He knew it was only sooner rather than later before she found out about the Cullen's secret.

"Yeah, how'd you find out?"

"You answer my question first."

"Yes vampires. Are you surprised?"

"I mean.... I didn't think they were out of the realm of possibility but it still doesn't explain your side of the story."

"My story has no side kid."

"So, you just naturally happen to hate the only vampire family in town and you already knew about it. So what gives Billy?"

"Uncle Billy. I get you are angry but you won't be a brat."

"Fine. Well?"

"Well, our tribe was great spirit warriors of old. Shape shifters."

Billy proceeded to tell Noelle the story of the great ancestors that followed his tribe. The story was devastatingly beautiful to Noelle. It truly did grasp the natural hatred between the vampires and the shapeshifters. It was their nature to go against one another. The presence of a vampire created a shapeshifter to balance out the natural order of things. The delicacy between vampires and werewolves was truly one of the only mystical phenomena that made Noelle believe in a supernatural entity for it could only be in the grand scheme of things that feeble-minded humans were protected from blood-thirsty creatures of the night.

"If I never asked would you have never told me Uncle?"

"Hmm, you are a complicated case Noelle, but I believe that at some point I still would have."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, for example, I would never openly introduce Bella into this world willingly. I truly believe that the fates never intended for Bella's involvement in this world. She is too fragile and naive but you on the other hand...well you seem destined for it."

"Destined for it? Is that a good destiny or a bad one?"

"Destiny can never be a good or bad. It is what must happen and your part within in it."

"Way too philosophical for a Saturday Uncle."

"Something tells me there is a lot more of these conversations heading your way missy."

Noelle smiled at Billy's statement. When Noelle was with Billy she was at her truest form she could be without potentially hurting anyone. She was in a place of comfort and could let the wind through her hair without batting an eyelash. She was at peace with him.