Chapter 8 - The Truth

Taehyung: "Good job everyone! I'll meet you again next week." He stood up and left the conference room.

Taehyung just finished a meeting on the ongoing business collaboration between Kim Corporation and Park Company. Today's meeting felt different for Taehyung. He's definitely used to attending important meetings like what happened earlier, but today he felt uncomfortable. Why? Because Irene, his ex, was there. She was not just an attendee but was the presenter. Taehyung tried his best to focus on the discussion, avoided looking at her but at some points, he failed.

Taehyung reached his office. He loosens his necktie before he flopped into the chair. He was looking straight to the window, lost in his own thoughts. There's this feeling that he can't seem to understand.

The room was filled with deafening silence, his mind is still lost somewhere when someone interrupted his little moment.

Irene: "Taehyung." She said, walking slowly towards him.

Taehyung looked a bit shocked seeing her in his office. The person, who he had been avoiding during the conference, was there standing near him, just the two of them.

Irene: "Taehyung, can we please talk?" She asked with a sad tone.

Taehyung stayed quiet for some time before he found the courage to speak.

Taehyung: "If it's not urgent, we can discuss on next week's meeting." He plainly answered, thinking that what she meant was about work. From looking at her to directing his gaze to the window on the left side of the room.

Irene: "It's not about business." She started. "Can we talk about us, please?" She pleaded.

Taehyung: "Ms. Bae-" He got interrupted when Irene suddenly spoke.

Irene: "Taehyung, please?" She took another step towards him but he stopped her. With glossy eyes, she started talking to him. "I might sound selfish but I want you back." She said, her eyes are full of emotions.

Taehyung was surprised by her sudden confession. In a way, he expected that they will cross paths again but not to a point when she will plead for them to be together again.

Taehyung: "What are you saying? You know that I am married." He answered with his cold tone. He's now standing while staring at her.

Irene: "I know. But do you love her? Do you love her the way you loved me?" She asked with tears forming in her eyes. "I know that you were just forced by your parents to marry that girl." She continued.

Taehyung: "She has a name." He said with a serious tone. He seemed to be pissed off by what he heard.