4

"Steve she is...exactly how they said she was." Nat said as she and Steve looked back at Mo from where they sat on the couch. She was sitting, sipping on a cup of tea, with Tony as he was trying to explain about Jarvis to her (she'd screamed when the AI had said hello and it had taken Steve a good ten minutes to calm her down). "How's she coping?"

Steve turned away and reached for his coffee. "Not good, but she perked up a bit when I showed her the house yesterday. I think it'll help her a lot." He sat back and sighed, "she needs something to distract her - when I came back I had you guys but on first getting back into the real world? It was like I had nothing for me - plus all the guys I knew were dead."

"She's lucky to have you." Nat smiled, "honestly she's just how I imagined her to be - except she's more British than expected." She cocked her head with a knowing smile, "and the way you look at her? Well, you're smitten."

"Doesn't take a lot for me to be when I'm with her. She didn't want 'Captain America', just the guy from Brooklyn. It said a lot - before her? No girl had taken a chance on me."

Nat glanced back at Mo, "has she been to see her sister yet?"

Steve shook his head, "No...still trying convince her on that one." He understood why his wife was holding off a reunion, mainly for the sake of Peggy's health, but it would do her some good to see her.

"Do you think she will?"

He nodded at this, "In time, but our focus is on her first, I spoke to Helen when we arrived - she's gonna give her some pills to help her with her sleep."Nat listened as he explained about the PTSD and other things. "She's still not accepted what Hydra did. Just yesterday morning she smashed another cup in her hands."

"She'll come to accept and get used to it, but she's been through a hell of a lot, Hydra, losing you and then going to Stark as one last resort?."

Steve sank back into the couch and crossed his arms, "She's been through too much, more than I can say that I have - but I just don't know what else I can do to help her."

"You're doing everything you can - and that's enough. You stepped back from us, put her first, what more can you do other than love her?"

"Guess you're right on that one Romanoff." He sighed, "at least I know that she'll be safe here while I'm gone."

"Steve! I'm just borrowing her!" Tony called over as he and Mo appeared to be making for the door, "back soon."

Nat smirked, "seems that Tony's warmed to her as well."

"Like father, like son." Steve replied and took another sip of coffee. "I know if she'd have stayed behind then Howard would've taken care of her." He'd always known that Stark had been in love with Mo. His infatuation with her hadn't exactly been well hidden, but she'd always turned down his advances, even going so far as kicking him into the Thames river when he'd tried to kiss her once.
At first Steve had been conflicted, wondering whether to let Stark just have her, but Mo had other ideas.

Her eyes had only been for him.

Tony stepped aside and let Mo into the lab where he'd taken her to. She ventured in slowly and looked around the room. "It all looks rather intimidating." Her admittance made him laugh a little. "Not exactly on par with dads but it does the job."

She looked at him. "I see so much of him in you Anthony, I'm sorry about what happened to him and your mother."

Tony punched in a code and unlocked a cupboard, pulling out some files and a few other things. "So I read your file dad made on you..." he started and flipped through the notes. "Weekly monitoring on you right up to the week before he died..."