12

Natasha found Mo later on that evening, making up the guest rooms (after Steve had distracted her from doing so earlier). 

"Natasha...want to call this room before Tony does?" Mo smirked as the woman entered the bedroom.

Nat grinned and perched on the edge of the bed, watching her potter about . "It's homey, really you don't need to try and make it anymore so. We're all just thankful that we're here..." 

"So am I..." 

Nat smiled as Mo turned to her. "Steve told us...about everything. It won't happen for me either." 

Mo looked at her. "I'm sorry...how do you ever find acceptance though?"

"You don't." Came the honest reply. "Back in the red room, they did it to every Widow - just so that there was nothing else more important than the mission. A 'graduation' gift from them to us." 

"Oh Nat..." 

The redhead shrugged. "It is what it is. I turned my attentions to this. Missions, keeping the guys from killing themselves." She smirked. "But I know how it feels."

"We're trying some medication Cho says may work, just means i have to be injected every month as well." 

"Well then I hope that it works for you. Steve came back and so did you - miracles happen. You're kickass, baby or not you and Steve? You will come through. Your soulmates, as corny as I sound." 

"I never thought I would find a man like him, it wasn't my focus - but he changed my outlook on absolutely everything...in fact I'm pretty sure that despite my mother telling me not to fall for an  american, she'd have loved him. I just wish I could've taken him home to her, proved her wrong."

Nat snorted. "Whose mother couldn't love him?" 

"You clearly haven't met one like mine." 

They were cut off as they heard Steve call for Mo. "Just a minute!" she called back. "I'd best get some blankets and pillows out of the cupboard for you all. It's going to be a bit of a squeeze I'm afraid, but we only have two guest rooms."

"I've slept in worse places." Nat grinned and they headed downstairs, seeing a new face in the kitchen with the others. "Wondered whether you'd turn up."

Mo remained calm, clearly accepting that random visitors would probably be turning up. "Director Fury, do what do we owe the pleasure?" She knew instantly who this man was if the eyepatch was anything to go by. Steve had told her about him and how he was still in the background.

"Sorry to gate crash Captain..." Fury said to her. "I was briefed by Hill on just what had happened."

"Ah yes, the very unfortunate incident with the robot man...tea?"

"Please, two sugars, dash of milk." Fury settled himself. "I was just giving the group my usual lecture...you know, don't bring shit to life..."

"Language!" Mo now scolded and everyone turned, staring at her. She looked at them, "what?"

Tony smirked. "Can see where you get it from Capsicle."

"It just slipped out ok, look do you have to tell everyone about that?" Steve now became annoyed.

Mo placed her hand on his arm. "Same old fashioned values as I have clearly." Giving him a peck on the lips and passed Fury his tea. "Here you go, and with extra sugar because I'm feeling rather generous."

"I see you're enjoying your retirement Carter."

"It's Rogers now." She corrected him.

Fury nodded. "Rogers." He then said.