21

CAPTAIN CARTER SAVES LONDON FROM DESTRUCTION

THREAT STOPPED THANKS TO CAPTAIN CARTER 

LONDON CELEBRATES CAPTAIN CARTER'S ACHIEVEMENTS WITH EXHIBITION UPDATE 

CAPTAIN CARTER HAILED A ROLE MODEL FOR YOUNG GIRLS 

Mo had become used to her face adorning the front page of many newspapers as well as on the news channels. She had always wanted to make an impact - not in this way particularly, however when it came to little girls wanting to stand up for themselves and fight? She would encourage that all the way. 

The biggest achievement had been finally bringing Crossbones to his knees, and now - Brock Rumlow - as he had been identified, was sitting in a high security prison in the US just a mere few months after she had told Steve that she would stop him. 

Steve...

She missed him dearly, ensuring to say goodnight to the photograph every night that sat proudly by her bed. It wasn't a recent one, no...it was one that had been taken candidly during the war. One that she had always loved. It had caught them in a rare moment of happiness despite the devastation that had been happening around them. 

Now she had to learn to carry on without him, hoping that one day he would be finally able to come home to her. That hope would never fade. She loved Steve Rogers too much to give up on him. 

Her light steps took her through the Imperial War Museum and to the area where the exhibition about her was located. She had told herself that she wouldn't come and see it, however today she simply wanted to remember who she once was. 

The girl who simply wanted to fly. 

It was a busy day, groups of school children and other visitors from all over the world were milling around, looking at exhibits, learning about her life. Mo could've sat down and told them all there and then exactly how it was, but she was incognito. Dressed in casual clothes, atop of her head was Steve's cap that obscured her face from other visitors. 

Pictures and items that had been given to the exhibition from the Smithsonian were on display, along with a replica of her suit, newspaper articles about her that were from the war and from the present. Although she'd seen them on display before, it was a bigger thing to have them here, at home. Plus there was more about her life, how she had returned, what had happened and other information. 

She watched as two little girls ran past her, both dressed in kids versions of the suit that were being sold as merchandise, along with plastic replicas of the shield. Both were giggling as they pretended to fight one another, and Mo was propelled back to her garden at her childhood home. The memories of her fighting and playing with Michael and Peggy flooded her mind, echoes of their mothers voice scolding her for getting grass stains on her dress. 

Shaking the memory off she glanced to her right, seeing a little girl of about six years old with a shield made out of cardboard staring at her in awe. She kind of reminded Mo of herself at that age.
Giving the girl a smile and a secretive wink, she turned and walked away - the smile still lingering as she exited the exhibition and the building itself. 

Mo knew that she had to carry on with her duty to her country and keep her promise to Steve. It was all that she had, and nothing was going to stand in her way. 

The End