Work

Este said goodbye to him and went to her office. She was sitting in her office when a call came. Este checked the number, but with no avail, it was an unknown one. 

"Hello?" said the voice.

"Umm....hello" replied Este.

"Is this Este Swift-Dessner?" inquired the voice.

"Yes...?" faltered Este.

"I, want You, to meet me outside your work, in the empty alley at 7 pm, sharp. Do you understand me?" thundered the voice, spookily calm.

"Ok, here's the deal, if you wanna meet me, book an appointment and come to my office. I don't just meet random strangers from the street. I have a schedule to follow and a house to get to. Thank you for calling." Rambled Este. She was about to cut the telephone when the Voice drawled,

"Cut the phone, and watch your house burn down and your husband's dead body."

This scared Este. Whoever it was, it was someone powerful, someone who could destroy her life in seconds. Why would someone like him called her?

"Okay, I will meet you, but on one condition" She confirmed, somewhat petrified.

"Good. I will meet you tonight, Mrs. Dessner." 

Este was shook, inside-out. Who was this creepy dude?

She went to her lab, making a few designs and settings for the next rocket that was to keep an eye on mars. Her colleague, Dorothea, entered the lab, peering over her (Este's) blueprints. 

"Umm.....Es, you sure you ok?" asked Dorothea.

"YeahOfCourseWhyWouldINotBeOk?" rambled Este, breathlessly

"Cuz you're missing a blaster here.....?"

"Oh, Thanks for pointing that out" murmured Este.

"Ya know, it's 6:45, you should end your shift."

Este looked up, wide-eyed and panicking. She had lost the track of time. She had to get to the alleyway or else..... She looked at the clock, gather all her belongings while murmuring to herself along the lines of 'how could I be so stupid' 'have to sort out my priorities'. She thanked the clueless Dorothea on her way out.

(A/N) Soo sorry for the cliffhanger.....another long chapter, i've been getting on with the progress, haven't I? Please comment what u think and vote if you like the story. I will update again tomorrow..... so sure I failed my math final, cross ur fingers 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞