Suspicions

November 14th, 2040, Sunday (2 days after the funeral)

The grief was still there for Victoria, Samantha and Taylor. It was awful. How were they coping with it and not crying all day was a mystery of itself. Jake was looking sad, but he looked like was trying to bite away a smirk trying to run across his face every time someone mentioned Este. Today, Victoria went to meet Jake. But something was up. She saw one of the co-workers, Betty, there too. They looked close. Too close. She also saw that she had 3 travel bags in the her car. She watched from a distance, trying to make out what they were doing. Key word: trying. She could hear them, but not clearly. The faint whispers of 'I love you' disgusted her. 'Wooow, Straight People are so weird' 

Betty went in with Jake. She could still hear them laugh. But then something that shocked her in hearing was: "The coward." They started laughing. And then between laughs, she could hear him saying: "soo sleep-deprived and tired that she couldn't even.... on the phone!!!!" She heard more roars of laughter. Snippets of their conversation was all Victoria heard. She couldn't make out what was between those words. She hated that part. What was so amusing to a guy whose wife had just died. She was shocked to see that, I mean, this was the man who crumpled up crying while holding her frock when Este's news were delivered to him. She had no words for this fake man. She just went away, thinking nothing about it. Her calls with Taylor were only slightly depressing, nothing much. Her day went by easily, till she got a call. From Jake. 

Sounding a little depressed (note the fakeness), Jake talked to her, for a long time, telling her about work. After a week, his work had started, but not Victoria's, she was all clear till the next day. Their talks were less like conversations and more like therapy sessions (that we all need). 

At the end of the day, she wasn't so sure about her suspicions, but deep down, in her heart they were still there.

A/N: UPDATE YAY!!!!! i'm the only one happy about this, ain't I? I haven't been getting so many responses and im thinking of giving up. If I don't get more responses, im done with this. My mom is also blaming my marks on this and my school is starting again.