Work Part II

November 15th, 2040, Monday

Victoria was working in her office, writing a paper on Bacillus anthracis, which causes the Sorter's disease. She was just writing the last lines, when someone knocked on the door. It was Este's colleague, Dorothea. 

"Morning, Tori" she greeted.

Victoria, being the workaholic she is, was so deep in her work that she only gave a 'mhm' to Thea (Dorothea's nickname). Dorothea sat down and stared at her, trying to get her attention. But Victoria was deeply dissolved in her work. 

"Snap out of it!!!" Grunted Dorothea. Victoria looked up from her work, startled.

"What?!?!" Snapped Victoria.

"I've been sitting here for HALF AN' HOUR, and you don't even f-"

"LANGUAGE" Howled Victoria. "-know that I'm here."

"Meh." was all Victoria said. She was bored out of her mind and didn't wanna talk to anyone. She wanted to go back home and spend time with Sam. But she also loved work, and couldn't decide which to choose. I mean, her favorite meme was this:

So was a little bored, 7th class science, that's what she was writing a paper on

So was a little bored, 7th class science, that's what she was writing a paper on. But she loved her job.

"Sorry, got a little.... indulged....in my work." 

"Sure, whatever......... Hey, is it true? What they're saying about Este?" 

"...Uhhh, wotdyahmean?" 

"I mean, that everyone in the office is saying that Este...... our Este's been......murdered." The last part came out as a whisper. 

"Yah, it is true." 

"When?"

 "A week or few, I guess. Haven't exactly been keeping a track of time."

"I see. Ya know, the last time Este was here, I talked to her, she was in such a hurry. As if she had a deadline to reach somewhere." grumbled Dorothea. 

'Este was in a hurry?!?!' thought Victoria. It just interested her more than science, and that is saying something. 

"What do you mean-" she changed her voice weirdly"-a deadline to reach somewhere?!?!?"

A/N: sorry for the short chapter, should I give up on the book???? Tell me what you think in the comments