The Funeral

Victoria went to her house, making all the arrangements of the funeral. She still couldn't believe it. Her best friend, dead. She made the arrangements of the funeral to happen 2 days after the murder. 

--------------Time skip named Michelle Jones--------------

Everyone was there. All her colleagues, Taylor and Joe, Jake, Manish and even Jake's colleagues. Samantha was also there, taking a break from her work. The sadness lingered in the air like cologne. Everything was gloomy. Even nature itself was changing the course. The skies look like they could cry the tears of gloom any second. The birds had stopped singing there songs, the wind was still, an even breeze blowing moment to moment. [(A/N) sorry got a little poetic]

The eulogy was being given by the priest. And that was it. The empty coffin was lowered in the ground. That's it. No turning back. She's gone forever. Were the thoughts that went through Taylor and Victoria's heads. 

"Hey, you holding up good?" Stammered Victoria.

"Yah, *sigh* kinda, I don't know" Seeing her this way pained Victoria's heart. She had grown to be like Taylor's older sister as well.

"Hey, Es would've hated seeing you this way. Smile for her so that she can see it one last time."  finished Victoria.

Taylor, while crying, smiled and nodded her head. 

Victoria was going around, comforting people. then she saw Jake. He was laughing silently and so was Manish. 

"Hey Boys, what's so funny?" Victoria inquired.

"Oh Vissy, take a look at this-"

It was a video of Este, when she was a little baby, covered in juice that she was drinking. That brought tears to her eyes. But she laughed as well. She remembered the first time she saw that video, or, forcibly made Este show it to her.

The day slipped away just like that. But Victoria's suspicions stayed in her mind. What was Jake really laughing at, on an occasion like this one. Because when she had seen him laugh, there had been no video player or phone in his hand. She discussed it with Samantha but she said it would have been a trick of light played on her eyes. Mumbling her good nights she went into deep sleep.

(A/N) Another update, published. I hope that you liked it. Got a little poetic there. I'll update as soon as my other chapter gets done. Till then, TOODLES!!!