The Reluctant Leader

Much of the rest of the dinner was uneventful. Casual conversation about mundane subjects occurred between the Wrens and the others in the group. The topic of art had come up at one point. Alrich shared his knowledge of the historical paintings in Sundari City on Mandalore, and then vented about how he wasn't allowed to see them, particularly throughout his time as a political hostage during the civil war.

Kia did mention that she had contacted her friend, Senator Leia Organa Solo, who wished to speak with the Mand'alor about the possibility of trading, in addition to assisting them in forming an alliance with the New Republic. While the prospect was an interesting one; but the truth is, their newly formed clan had little to offer in the way of trade. Since Din was doing his best to go avoid speaking at all costs, Kia didn't push the subject any further. But by the end of the evening, she felt things had gone pretty smoothly, especially when she hadn't lost her mind from the stress.

Now back at their own designated rooms in the guest wing, Din sat on one of the decorative couches as he contemplated the night's events. Each guest room had a queen size bed, two single couches embellished with golden floral patterns, a round coffee table made of wood, a small fireplace, and a large refresher with a stand up shower. None of these rooms had windows, but were brightly laminated by tall lamps and numerous candles.

After Kia had stopped to check on the kids, she walked in to their room to see Din has not taken off his armor yet and had put his helmet back on. He was just sitting in the corner, head down and didn't
acknowledge her presence. She enters the room, locks the door behind her, then walks over towards the opposite corner to began stripping off her armor, piece by piece.

"I'm proud of you, ya know," she tells him after about a minute of silence, as she removes her chest plate before moving to take off her shoulder pouldrons. "I know that wasn't easy for you to do."

The title of Mand'alor had taken a toll on Din, and he hasn't said a single word in hours. After meeting the Wrens, this whole ordeal has been pestering him as he wished to forget about his right to the throne. As Kia walks towards him, Din still hasn't spoken. He has yet to look up at her as she continues to speak to him in an attempt to try to soothe him.

No Force-empathy was needed. Kia knew Din was troubled. His lack of awareness to his surroundings, how he has continued to keep his head down, as well as with his racing heart, was enough for her to understand his unsettling emotions. Now stripped of her armor and wearing only her black flight suit, she steps up to Din and kneels on the ground between his knees.

"Come on, Din. It'll be okay," she whispered as she placed her hands on his knees, but he still hasn't acknowledged her. "How about a nice blow job to help you relax?" She smiles as she slowly glides her hands up his thighs, but something was wrong. This isn't like him. She knew something was about to happen, it was like a boiling pressure that was about to be released.

***

Closing his eyes under his helmet, his head fell back against the chair and he instantly regretted the entire night. Even though Kia is trying to arouse him, he struggled to calm his mind. He's trying to keep his brain free of all thoughts and memories of his past when he first swore the Creed. But the image of his buir, who had taught him everything, wouldn't go away. He sighed heavily while fighting the urge to want to smash his fists into the nearest hard surface. He had put his faith second. But was his way the right way?

He still felt like a pretender. Aside from his newly acquired weapon and the title it comes with, he had no connection to the planet Mandalore. As the news continues to spread, he knows more Mandalorians will come to challenge him in a duel for ownership of the saber. If only he could go back to the Guild. He could get lost in the time-consuming, fast-paced work of hunting down his targets. Bounty hunting was familiar to him and it paid well. He wished he could forget the day he battled with Moff Gideon, but he would do it all over again if it meant saving Grogu or those he cares about.