The Threat

NOTE: This one is a bit long, but I wanted to build up the suspense for the next few chapters. Enjoy!

The Glavis RingworldA Few Days Later

A Few Days Later

The space station is settled on the back end of nowhere, and neither Kia nor Din have heard of it until their first run in several months ago. Ultimately, the goal for this journey is for Din to pay a visit to his old tribe, but it is also a chance for him to earn some well-needed credits with the local bounty hunter's guild in the city's center. Their arrival here reiterated a feeling of nostalgia as their gunship slowly approached the docking bay.

Hyperspace is dark and uninviting, but once they set their ship down on the landing platform at the station's starport, the roaring chatter of a thousand passengers rumbled in their ears. After Din paid the port manager for fuel and docking fees, they make their way through the crowded transportation terminals, and onto the busy streets towards the business district of the city. On their approach to the turbolift elevators, steam fogged up their visors as they stroll past traders with stalls and shops, jam-packed together at every available space.

The enormous ringworld station, which encircles a small star, contained a massive industrial metropolis with a sufficient amount of traffic, hotels, shops, and high-rise residential condominiums. Citizens of various species were dashing in all directions, carrying luggages and hailing taxis or airbuses. There was also a great number of overhang bridges above them, which supported the railway system that carried commuters throughout the city.

The generators on the upper deck worked constantly to pump oxygen down into the lower engineering levels of the station. This created a sense of discomfort as the whole place felt alive with constant noise and activity, made worse by the countless number of trains and airspeeders zipping past them, including the continuous surge of travelers meandering throughout the streets.

Although the stars over their heads were beautiful, but the twinkling purple and red bulbs from news bulletins, or storefront advertisements, provided the city with a synthetic night and day cycle. This tainted its occupants with a manufactured replacement for a natural skylight, which gives this place a dreadfully confining impression. To make matters slightly more uncomfortable, the city is bitterly cold on this particular evening.

The artificial climate controlled atmosphere is currently programmed on its yearly winter season for the entire station. Therefore, this is where the benefits of wearing a thick flight suit, and being encased in durasteel and beskar comes into play. Since their armor is designed specifically to be a great insulator for these types of conditions, Mandalorians have an advantage over the other spacers in this urban sprawl.

With her lightsaber and blaster pistol in their respective holsters and her senses on high alert, Din's muffled sighing caught Kia's attention as they get closer to a back alleyway. "It'll be alright cyar'ika (darling), this is a relatively safe place," Kia reassured him.