18. Close to Your Heart

Excuse the Mistakes...

Jordynne

I laid across my living room floor looking back and forward between my computer screen and the TV. Every so often I would check my phone to see if August had called. I knew he hadn't but it didn't stop me from checking. He told me he was going off the radar but I didn't think he meant for three days and I damn sho didn't think he wouldn't text me to let me know he was okay.

The doorbell rang and I sighed, getting off the floor. I quickly opened the door hoping to see August. "Oh, hey," I mumbled, stepping to the side. I closed the door behind him, leading him back towards the living room.

"Damn, fat. Yeen gotta be all excited to see your brother."

I shook my head, smirking. "Sorry, I thought you were someone else."

"Who? Yung?"

I looked at him like he had two heads. "Trell gotta big mouth man. When did he tell you?"

"The same day he saw you outside the warehouse," he laughed, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. "I'm not mad fat."

"Really?"

He nodded. "Really. I respect Yung. Plus you grown, I can't control who you date. I just wish you woulda told a nigga something. I thought we was better than that."

I sighed, leaning my head on his shoulder. "We are Justin. I just know how you can be. Sometimes you forget that I'm older."

"It's not about being older, I just don't trust some of these niggas. That Daniel nigga, the one you dated in high school? I'll kill that nigga."

"Calm down. I haven't seen him in years." I cringed at the sound of his name. That dream had my head all fucked up. I just hope he's not that crazy in real life.

"Good. You my big sister but regardless I'll kill any nigga that try it. You the closet thing I got since we lost mama." He kissed the top of my head, resting his head on mine. "I love you fat."

"I love you too Justin," I smiled, turning the tv to the basketball game. He stayed with me for the next few hours, watching the game and bonding like we do.

-

"Damn, look who decided to come out and play with us," Meisha sassed as soon as I got in the car. It was Saturday night and Onyx was the spot we chose. It's been a while since I've been out so since Aug was MIA, I decided to play catch up with my girl.

"Don't do me, bitch. I'm a busy woman now. I'm a full time student and I got a full time job. How my ho doing anyway?"

She smirked, applying her lipstick. "Hey boo. I'm good. I got a job as a receptionist so I'm making my own mula now. Still twerking her change tho."

I threw my head back in laughter, I swear I couldn't stand her ass. "I'm not about to play with you tonight." I put my seatbelt on and adjusted my seat.

"You know I is petty. You ready to have fun?"

"I is indeed." She pulled out the parking lot and hit the freeway. Dallas traffic was steady as she switched lanes, making our way downtown. Don't Know by Gates blasted thru the speakers as we hyped ourselves up. It felt good to go out again with my day one.

"Don't know no ugly bitches, don't know no broke niggas," I rapped along as we pulled up to the club. The line was long as hell and parking was chaos. I spotted my brother's whip and silently said thank you. He was fina tell somebody come park for us. I pulled out my phone. I went to his contact and pressed call.