11. This Means War

Unedited

Gabby

I had just come from New Orleans seeing Daniel. I know him and Jordynne had their little falling out but he really isn't that bad of a guy. He told me that he did her wrong and she's just holding a grudge. Considering how angry she is all the time, I could see that. I ran into him again and he explained it all to me. I'm never one to dislike someone because someone I know doesn't like them. I like to get my own feel of people.

Chris thinks I went back to Cali to clear my head. After all the accusations of him and Kae, I just needed a break. He allowed it, saying he'd do whatever to get us back to that place. I called Daniel that next day and he told me to fly out and he'd show me around. We didn't do nothing like that. He was just simply, a good friend.

"Chris!!!" I squealed as I seen him waiting for me when I got off the plane. I ran and jumped in his arms.

"Baby, I missed you so much," he mumbled, squeezing me tight. Oh how I missed these strong hands.

"I missed you too." I put me down and grabbed my luggage.

"How was your flight?"

"Ehhh. It was okay. New Orleans was fun."

He stopped walking. "New Orleans?"

Oh Shxt. Think Gabrielle. "yea, I went to New Orleans after I left Cali. I kept hearing Aug and the twins talk about the food so I had to go try it."

He studied my face for a moment before nodding. Gabrielle with the save.

"Glad you enjoyed yourself."

"Me too. I missed you more tho," I pulled him to me, kissing his face. Being away from him only made me realize that I don't want to be without him.

Jordynne

I walked inside the airport looking around. I was late as hell, seeing that his flight landed almost thirty mins ago. I pulled out my phone about to cal him when I heard a familiar voice.

"Jordynne?"

I looked up and my face softened as I came eye to eye with a older version of my dad. "Nate?"

He smiled and nodded. I got ready eyes but quickly wiped them away. He frowned a little.

"I'm sorry. He just looked just like you."

"Yeah, downtown Nola everybody knew him as Nate's boy. They'll be like "oh you Nate bwoi aincha? He hated that." He let out this little laugh that reminded me so much of my dad and how much I missed him.

"Is this your only bag?" I asked. He nodded. "Yeah, I'm what you call a light traveler." I nodded and lead the way out to my car.

"So, what hotel are you staying in?"

"The Omni."

"Great choice. They have some really good food. I can vouch for anything on that menu."

I smiled, shaking his head. "Life of a celebrity huh?"

I slowly nodded my head in agreement. "Uh, yea I guess." The rest of the ride was silent, mainly because I didn't know what to say. I dropped him off at his hotel and made plans to have lunch sometime this week.

My phone rung and since I was driving, I answered it thru the car's Bluetooth.

"Hello?"

"Where ya at?"

"Downtown. Wassup DJ?"

"Meet me on Main Street in twenty?"

"Okay." I hung up and hit a U turn, heading back to Main Street.