6. Heavy... Part 2

THANK YOU TO ZariaRenee for helping me with this chapter. Go read her story Benediction. It's an Aug story!! 😁😁

Unedited

August

I ran my hands down my face as I sat in the waiting room at Memorial hospital. My leg shook as I tried to come my nerves. I just couldn't get that image outta my head. Ha laying thea lifeless. I had a gut feeling that something was wrong. That the doctor was gon come out and say she ain make it. My emotions was definitely all over the place and at this moment, anybody can get it.

"Yung....She gon be okay. God got her," my mama said, rubbing up and down my back.

"When been in ha fa hours ma. Why they ain telling us shxt mayne!" I stood up raising my voice. My patience was wearin' thin. "Calm down boy," she said, grabbing my arm. I sat back down.

"Ima go crazy. I swea ta gawd." I looked across the room to whea DJ was sitting. He was zoned out and I know he was feeling just as bad as I was if not worse. He found ha like that. I just wanted to know why. J ain never been the one to fold under pressure.

"Family of Parker," a man came out and yelled. The four of us that was thea stood up at the same time.

I couldn't help but to think, what if I wasn't thea. What if I had went to the studio.

"I'm sorry but only one of you can be up here with-"

"Bruh wateva you gotta say ta one of us, you can say ta us all," Scoota said. The Doctor looked behind him, as if he was breaking some type of law or something. The doctor turned back to us then spoke.

"Umm, Ms. Parker lost a lot of blood. Sh-"

"Man quit beatin' round da bushes and shit. Is she dead or not!" DJ yelled. Mama grabbed him by the arm, pulling him back.

"Calm down DJ and let him do his job."

DJ huffed.

"She is very well alive. However...." The Doctor flipped the paper on his chart. "As for the baby, we haven't ran any sonograms yet in order to make sure he or she is okay. We want her to be alert when we perform it. Are you all aware of how far along she is?"

I stopped, looking over at my mama, but everybody was looking at me.

"Baybeh?"

"I knew she was pregnant man," Scoota mumbled.

"Jordynne is a very beautiful girl. What would want to make her to something like this?"

"Did 'chu jus say a baybeh?" I repeated. The Doctor frowned and placed his clipboard behind his back.

"I'm guessing you didn't know about the child?"

"Apparently not if I a-"

"August." Mama stopped me, stepping out in front of all of us. "Doctor I'm sorry fa all da outburst but we jus want ha ta be well."

"I understand you are upset, but you need to remain cal-"

"Calm? Mayne fuck calm! Lah momma in thea about ta lose ha life and you talm bout some calm?!!" DJ yelled again, this time using his hands as he talked.

"Devin Jr.!!! If you don't chill out and watch yo mouth boy!" Mama said, grabbing his face. "Doctor go head."

He looked at my mama then at DJ. "Say bruh, ween got all day is ya gon finish talkin or do we need to go get anotha docta."

He flipped his charts and exhaled. "Her files show that she was admitted 2 weeks ago for...." he trailed off looking thru notes. "A rape kit examination."