Chp.21: Unraveling

RICKY POV

My eyes were heavy due to the lack of sleep. I stared at the clock that was on the wall of New York Hospital as it showed that it was six-forty-five Tuesday morning. Each of us was exhausted and just speechless of how our mother ended up here and in surgery for six hours.

Although Jade is dead, I wish her death wasn't as fast as it was. I wish her death was slow and painful for shooting my mother. I know my motha and I don't have the best relationship and our last conversation wasn't the best, at the end of the day she is still my motha and I wouldn't dare want her to leave this earth. Not Now. Not because of the consequences of her brother's actions and decisions. I just wish it happened differently.

*FLASHBACK*

We all stared at the emotionally wrecked Jade as she held the gun against our motha's body, tears falling from her eyes.

She stared at New York in anger and hurt.  "So you just gone have to shoot her which I know you won't do and one thing I won't allow you or your three sons to do is to walk this earth and not feel the pain we felt losing our parent." She spoke through her soft cry.

"Marissa now." New York instructed, Marissa, elbowed Jade getting out of her grip, Jade pulled her Trigger, New York pulled his, and Erik who came in from the back entrance pulled his Trigger. Jade had a gunshot womb to the head and from the back through her front chest.

My heart dropped as I noticed blood leaking from my mom's right side. "Oh no Ma!" Eddie spoke as we begin to run towards her falling body.

We made it to her before her head hit the concrete.  We laid her gently on the ground as Ray begin to assess the womb and Eddie talk her to keep her eyes open and focus on him "We got to get her to the hospital immediately" Ray spoke.

"I'll go pull the car up closer." Derek mentioned and then ran out of the building. "Come on boys, we got to go, I got her." New York instructed as he walked over to us causing me to notice his gunshot womb being wrapped up with a bandana to stop the bleeding.

New York picked her up and we rushed out of the building and into the car seeing the clean-up crew enter into the building behind us.

So much was going through my head as I pray that my motha make it through this.

"Marissa honey if you hear me, squeeze my hand," NewYork encouraged "there you baby, you're doing good. Stay with me. I know you can do it. You can't leave us baby. Come on stay with us" he continued to encourage her as Derek speed to the hospital.

My heart was beating out of my chest and the only sound in the car was New York encouraging words to our motha to keep her awake.

We finally made it to the hospital. New York got out of the car carrying her and we all ran behind him inside the emergency side of the hospital.

"Help! My wife has been shot" he spoke out.

Nurses and doctors rushed over with a bed and laid Marissa on the bed and rushed her to the ICU. They also guided New York to the back because of the gunshot womb in his arm.**

It only took two and a half hours for them to extract the bullet out of his arm and properly care for the womb and wrap it.

However, as for our mother, she had to undergo serious surgery and it's been six hours that she's been in surgery due to her body being in distress and shock which delayed everything and stressed us the fuck out when the doctor told us.