14 : OBLIVION

OBLIVION - the state of being unaware of what is happening around you

"Ano ginagawa ko? Edi pinagsisilbihan ka."

Sugar coated words scattered in the blazing sun. The splendor of the morning shines by his words. He's currently making breakfast for me, isn't it lovely? 

There is a tittle-tattle that when a person cooks you a food, they'll also give their love to you—perhaps that is how they show their love to someone. Pero yun nga salin-salin lamang.

I don't usually eat breakfast because sometimes I woke up late. But as of now, as I saw how Shawn tried to impress and cook amazing fancy dish, I was glad that he's here with me. 

Hindi niya naman kailangang gamitin ang salitang pagsisilbihan kasi bisita lang ako at desisyon kong manatili rito. Habang nakaupo ako sa bakanteng upuan na nasa likuran niya, tinignan ko ang kaniyang bawat pagkilos. Parang sanay na sanay siya sa pagluluto. 

I wonder how lucky his wife would be in the future with him.

"I can watch you all day like this," an invisible sentence suddenly appeared on our ears. 

Biglang huminto ang pagkilos nang mga kamay ni Shawn at tinignan ako. I showed him my heavenly smile. I mean it. Totoong kaya ko siyang tignan ng ganito hanggang mag takipsilim. 

He's a living work of art in my eyes deeply than the heart can imagine.

"Tsk. Kaya rin kitang titigan buong araw pero mamaya na kasi may niluluto pa ako," he said. I chuckled after hearing those words from him.

Minutes later, the food was finally served. I looked at the food on the table. He made a corny dish— two plates of rice with two eggs in the upper part and a smiley one bacon below of it. And beside of the plates are the two cups of coffee and toasted bread.

Waking up under the same roof with him, watching him while cooking and now eating together awakens the soul of beauty. I want to look beyond the surface and capture every instant of this scenery. 

It seems that the time offered us a minute to take a glance of the eternity that we should encapsulate over the whole time. I'm easily satisfied with the very best and thanks to him, I bare my best remedy. He always brings out the happiness within me.

I was like a living princess in our palace who was served by the servants and was taken by the knights. But this princess isn't living like in fairytales who ended up in happy endings. I often noticed some sides of the princesses in Disney that are almost familiar to me. I had this side of Cinderella who loved to escape just to experience something fun. Or like Moana who wants to settle things right.

But among the twelve princesses, I found myself living like Rapunzel. I may not have long, golden and shiny hair but the idea of being imprisoned in the high tower by believing that her mother is the wicked witch made me feel horrible and pitiful. 

I wasn't free. I never was. I was a woman who was stuck by a tall and dangerous fence that had nowhere to escape.

We just have to wear the smiley mask so that we can convince them that we're happy. It is normal to learn how to fight your doubts and to be okay alone. You have to learn how to pick yourself back up when you fall and wipe your tears away by making yourself happy. 

Nevertheless, Shawn came and made me feel how worth my life to live for. He made me smile for his corny jokes and made me believe that I deserve to be loved. Having someone who is truly there for you is a blessing but you can't always depend on them to fight the anxieties with you. 

May sarili tayong problema na hinaharap at sariling buhay na inaalagaan. Kung may kakampi ka man sa pag ikot ng mundo, yun ay ang sarili mo lang.

An agreeable sensation arising in reverse. It's not easy to find the sunny disposition in ourselves, but Shawn as if he lead me the directions of it. I was like floating over the clouds, the warm air lingers to my body and the smell of the surface is similar to the aroma.