Chapter 23

The red light district

3rd pov
"Oh~ Tanjiro! Nezuko! I'm back! I have news~!" Said Douma skipping steps as he walked.

"Douma!" Smile the child. "So, is he alive?"

"Dead. And more villagers too. The owner of the shop is under arrest for murder."

"Yes! Oh, what about the child? Senjuro Rengoku." Asked Tanjiro. "Did he commit suicide or is he grieving? If he's still alive, I want him as a demon."

"Oh really? Why's that?"

"Oh, I took a liking to him. Please make him a demon and not remember his human life." Asked the boy eagerly.

"Sure thing!" Replied the upper moon. "I'll have to go now, my cult is waiting~ but I'll give another visit to this boy you've been talking about. See ya, love you. You too, Nezuko."

"Love you too, say hello to the others in my stead." Said Tanjiro giving Douma a hug.

"Mhm." Added Nezuko joining the hug.

The hug lasted a few seconds before they had to separate. Tanjiro was currently on a minor mission since he was still injured.

~~~ With Uzui in the flower district ~~~

'Nothing's out of the ordinary today. They really aren't showing their tails.' Thought Uzui sitting on some rooftop in the flower district. 'I have this bad feeling, but I can't clearly sens any demon. It's like they're veiled in smoke. They can disguise themselves so well... so plainly. Maybe the demon hangs around here... An upper moon? If that's the case we may end up killing each other flamboyantly.'

~ With Inosuke in the Ogimoto house ~

"I wonder if Makio-san is okay..." Said a lady. "She locked herself in her room and hasn't come out. She said she wasn't feeling well, but she doesn't want to go to the doctor. The mistress will drag her out soon."

"I brought her some food for now, but I just left it in front of her room." Replied the second lady.

'Makio! Uzui's wife... I finally heard her name. Not feeling good... so is that the reason she stopped contacting? I'll try it out. I'll go check her room.' Thought Inosuke while listening to the ladies conversation.

He walked away while thinking about how hot his clothes were. He was able to sense murderous intent on his bare skin, but wearing a kimono was dulling his senses. He was also told by Tengen not to speak at all during his stay in the Ogimoto house, because his voice was all too deep to be fitting of a woman. It would be even worse if he tried to mimic a girl's voice. So not to speak and stay silent at all times was the best and safest option.

~~~ In Makio's room~~~

"Now, answer me. Who were you sending these letters to?" Spoke a voice. "Now, what was your name again? Oh, that's right, it's 'Makio' isn't it? You will answer me, Makio." Added the voice.

If someone was in the room at the moment, they would be terrified. This so called Makio woman was tied to some kind of woman's belt, bleeding from cuts all around her body.