Year 1 chapter 4

The hall is booming and loud with the excitement of first and returning years. The hall quietness again as Professor McGonagall gets ready to speak.

"Potter, Charlie," the hall goes even quieter if that's possible, everyone shifts and moves to the edge of their seat, though I don't think it's a surprise to anyone when the sorting hat screams out,

"Gryffindor,"

The table of the lion goes crazy and stand to greet him, his looks are the counter opposite of mine, you wouldn't guess us to be twins or even related at all.

His hair is a fire red and his skin is freckles and pale though I can't see his eyes there's no doubt about them being a brown even in this lighting I can see they aren't green.

He isn't what I imagined the saviour of the wizarding world would look like, on the bigger side of the weight scale and looks rich and snobby, a bit like Dudley. I hate him already. Lily and James look proud of their baby boy and they blow him kisses from their seats.

Now it's my turn.

Minerva does a double take on the list and blinks a few times, I smirk to myself and force my face blank as she looks around the room.

"Potter, Harry," her shaky voice cuts through the murmurs. Shocked gasps and whispers break out.

'Harry Potter? But he's dead,'

'Is he related to the boy who lived?'

Ridiculous questions and idiotic suggestions that proves their immaturity is all I can hear. The teachers table has mixed expressions.

Some look confused, some shocked, some angry and my parents look pale and confused with shock in their eyes.

I look towards the Slytherin table and see Draco nodding to me, I nod back and begin my journey that will determine my future and my fate.

The oak stool with three legs creaks as I sit down showing it's old age and I take a deep breath, sitting up straight and looking ahead.

' my, my, what a mind you have, brilliant and assertive I see, quite cunning and you do nothing without a plan and thinking it through first.

You wouldn't fair well in Hufflepuff no, you'd scare them all with your confidence, not Gryffindor either you have bravery but only use it when you have deemed it safe to do so, you'd do well in Ravenclaw but you're knowledge and yearn for learning only stretches as far as you want it to, your ambition and determination along with the cunning and assertiveness leads me to put you in,

"Slytherin"

Again the hall is shocked into a stunned silence, only jut learning that their saviour had a brother who's they believed to be dead and he ends up in the house of the snakes the main rivals of Gryffindor, a house that potters are famously known for being in.

Oh how I love to rock the boat.

Dramatically I remove the hat from my head and hand it back to Minerva who is, like most people, frozen in shock.

I smile at her and walk from the stool and to the house of the great serpent.

I sit next to Draco and Theo, Draco being on my left. I am facing the other houses from where I'm sitting and much to my annoyance they are all ogling at me like I'm a freak in a circus.

I don't like being treated like a freak, it reminds me of Petunia and Vernon, I don't like being reminded of them though I do like remembering the part where the screams died down as they become one with the flames of my crow.