Year 1 chapter 13

"Hey Harry mate, we're going to the restricted section of the library after potions if you wish to accompany us," I look towards my blonde friend and ponder his invitation.

I nod after only a moments thought as I can't stand being in this tedious class anymore.

Currently I'm in potions and sat next to Draco, unfortunately because of Dumbledores great plan on getting the houses to get on Seamus and Ronald are sat in front of us.

The doors bang open and a swish of black hair and a bat like swish of a robe comes into view.

"I am having a terrible day, the dunderheads I have just taught completely ruined half of my cauldron as such you will have to share, the headmaster has ordered that house unity needs to be improved so you are to partner with the opposite house to you own, if there are any complaints any foolish notions and any pathetic mess ups you will loose your house so many points you may as well say good riddance to it."

I hear many huffs as a very angry, emotionless Professor enters the room.

After a few minutes we are all set into pairs. I am with Seamus, Blaise is with the mudblood, Theo is with The weasel and dray is with longbottom.

I roll my eyes this is going to be a god awful lesson. The house unity is worse than I thought, it would of been one thing to sit behind him but now I have to sit next to him.

Half an hour into the lesson, fifty points have been deducted from Gryffindor.

Dray and Longbottom who're sitting in front of me start arguing like toddlers.

"Longbottom for Salazars sake stop being such a useless lump and start cutting evenly or you're going to mess it up just like everything else,"

"I-I'm trying m-my b-best," the brunette boy says with a stutter in his voice i catch dracos eyes and smirk at him.

What an idiot.

"Well your best is going to get us killed, honestly you're going to add firefly's to a cauldron why it's still hot, what a baffoon," more people are paying attention now, including Snape and my brother.

"I-I'm sorry I'm n-not t-t-tryin-g to I swear," sweat is dripping off him at this point honestly what's wrong with him where's his backbone, maybe it's where his brain should be, either that or he's mentally incompetent like his parents.

As if he read my mind Draco shouts getting everyone's attention.

"Now now I understand that people who've lost their parents try to be like them to remember them but being a mentally disabled bastard isn't the way to go," (sorry if this offended anyone I'm disabled myself and it's just for the story)  he pats Longbottom on his shoulder in a mocking act of comfort and turns to chuckle with most of our house.

"A-and being a spoiled child who hates people because of their blood isn't a way to be either, b-be less like you're father t-then," dracos eyes turn cold at the mention of his father and his eyebrow raises in angry shock.

"What would you know about sharing personal traits with parents you have neither a mother or a father, rather go insane at the hand of my Aunt than have to raise you a moment longer,"

Tears well in Longbottoms eyes and his hand knocks into a bike of bats blood that's pills into the potion.

Bang!

I stand up furious. That incompetent good for nothing bastard how dare he.

Black goo is all over me, Draco, Longbottom and Seamus.

"Wait till my father hears of this"

"Mr. Longbottom this is exactly what I meant now look what you've done two of my best students are covered in a mess that is looking suspiciously like my life summed up in a potion, 150 points from Gryffindor and 100 points to Slytherin,"

"What? Why are they getting points for?" My brother Slams his hand down demanding and answer. Snape turns to look at him and glares slightly making his cower.

"Because they should get some sought of reward for tolerating and having to bare through the traumatic experience of being a Gryffindors partner. Another 30 points from Gryffindor for questioning me, tsk tsk tsk,"

"Wait till father hears of this he will be outraged," I hum in agreement as we walk to the restricted section.

I sigh in my step and enter the closed library, this place is a pigsty, books scattered everywhere, broken glass covers the split wood of tables king since abandoned.

Cobwebs and dust piled in every crevice of this damned monstrosity.

Not willing to touch a thing in this section i bring my wand forth and drag every book I see towards me, why act like a muggle when I have magic?

"Accio pastlemagic" Dracos head snaps to me and a look of shock passes through his eyes, i raise an eyebrow in question to which he quickly and smartly shakes his head at.

3 books come to my hand i smirk at the newfound knowledge I'm soon to acquire. History of the pastlelanguage

For thousands of years a talent has been passed through generations only for the bloodline to speak, with it comes great power and dangerous abilities. The most famous pastlemouths being Hogwarts founder Salazar Slytherin and his descendant the dark lord.

Secrets have been held deep within the families who harness this great power and not much is known of magic within the pastle.

Pastlemagic is significantly harder to control and use than any normal magic and charges a lot of energy and strength, you would need power, practice and patience to be able to harness the full power and even then not everyone is able to.

Normal healing spells won't work on an injury caused by pastlemagic only the healing of pastlemagic would sustain. Pastlemagic can be used to heal normal magical wounds and works incredibly faster and more efficiently.

Meditation and total mental exercise is required to unlock your pastlemagic. As often as possible harness your magic through meditation and feel your magic grow, when you're able to fluently do silent and wandless magic you can try to start using small bouts of pastlemagic.

Hmm interesting to know.

The next book is written in an ancient language I can just tell it's pastletongue I don't know how but I do. It contains many different spells ones I haven't ever heard of before.

Interesting indeed.

"Draco let's go, the others will survive us not being here, we must get to packing before we are to return to our homes, let us get moving"

Draco makes no move of protest and follows my lead from the restricted section, when we are back into the main library Professor Mcgonagall is stepping through the doors with Dumbledore in tow.

They stop short upon seeing Draco and I.

"Mr Potter Mr Malfoy what are you doing here? The library is closed," Mcgonagall reprimands us but has a caring look come upon her face when she sees me staring at her.

Dumbledore looks on suspiciously and looks to my coat pocket where the books sit, he knows. Good.

His blue eyes stare glaringly into my own.

"I apologise professor, Draco and I wished to partake in some last minute studying before winter break to ready us for our upcoming assignment in your class that I saw on the syllabus at the beginning of the year, I hadn't realised it was closed but now that I am aware we shall depart,"

She looks tenderly to me at my testimony and nods, she waves towards the door and wears a smile on her wrinkled face, i slash a smirk to Dumbledore and nod my head as I pass him, i am pulled to halt by his voice.

"Mr Potter, it would do you well to mind yourself, if there is something you wish to tell me I suggest you do, I am also obliged to advice you on not recklessly making decisions for they will have consequences should you be caught and Mr Potter it's important to understand when you've been beat by your betters,"

My smirk hardens and my eyes do as well. I clear my throat and turn from the professors.

"Well noted professor, i bid you the same warning, being bested in silent is being bested in the way of destruction,"