Chapter 3 ~ Pep Rally and The Football Game

Tw: Mentions of suicide

Later, Bert drives you to the indoor gym where the pep rally is being held. Tons of people are there. It's packed. You and Bert manage to find some seats in the middle. It's very loud and noisy. Some people are wearing the school colors, tan and red. The school mascot, the warrior, is handing out snacks.

"Do you want anything?" Bert says taking his wallet out.

"Nah." You say.

Bert pays for an icee and almost as soon as he sits down you take it from him.

"I thought you said you didn't want anything you little bastard." He says.

"Sharing is caring." You tell him.

He rolls his eyes. Soon the lights dim. It's a little quieter in the stadium. Then the cheerleaders bring up the noise again. The waves their Pom Poms and yell the school cheers. Some people in the audience say it with them.

"Do you think I should try cheering?" You ask Bert.

"Hell no. That's dangerous." He says.

Bert hates sports. He tried football in the 8th grade and didn't make it because he broken his ankle trying to tackle. You tried telling him he'd be good at basketball because of his height but he refuses. He prefers the chess team.

After the cheerleaders are done with their kicks and flips the football team runs out. You spot Reiner in the front leading them. Man, he looks hot.

"Stop drooling." Bert says.

"What I'm not." You say whipping the side of your mouth. "Hey is that Annie down there?"

"Oh uh uhm. Probably. She did cheer in high school." Bert says trying to hide his blush.

"OOoOoO." You say elbowing him.

"Stop it." He says.

Then this whole ceremony thing happens. It was very boring. You starred at Reiner the entire time so you wouldn't fall asleep to the coaches speech of "we are gonna win". After it's over the football players and cheerleaders run back into the locker rooms and get ready for the game.

"Come on we should go to the outside field." You say to Bert.

"Yeah." He says getting up and stretching out. Damn that motherfucker is tall.

You guys walk over to the field quick so you can get a front seat. The opposing team is already there. You spot a guy with long brown hair and green eyes spraying water in his face. He's kinda cute.

"Hey Bert. Who's that?" You say pointing to the guy.

"Eren Yeager." He says, "Don't even think about it that guy is only a football player because his therapist says it helps him with anger management."

"Really? Damn. Don't him and Reiner hate each other?" You ask.

"Yes. With a passion." Bert says.

"Why?"

"It's a long story."

"I've got time."

He sighs.

"Ok well. Back in the 10th grade Eren's mom died. He blamed it all on Reiner." Bert says.

"That's terrible. You guys went to the same high school?"

"Yup. Eren made it a point to make Reiner's life a living hell. Reiner needed depression therapy for a couple months because you know. He tried to... off himself. He's better now though. Football helps him."

"Wow that's so sad." You say.

You wanted to know more but you didn't want to push it with Bert. Not yet anyways.

"Well the game is about to start." You say.

"Mhm. Reiner better win." Bert says and laughs.

"He will." You say.

The game begins and your eyes are all on Reiner. Watching him play and sweat just gets you going. Bert is cheering for the sidelines. Reiner catches him a couple times and laughs.

By halftime the Scouts are winning. That sucks. Reiner comes off the field and over to you and Bert with his water bottle.

"Hey Bert! And uhhh oh I never caught you name." Reiner says.

"Y/n. Nice to meet you. How did the tattoo go?"

"Great. I'd show you but my gear." He says.

"Alright." You say giggling.

"ANYWAYS." Bert says. "Why don't we all go out after this? Hmmmm?"

Bert smirks at the both of you.

"Yeah Bert!" Reiner says giving him a hard pat on the back. "You, me, y/n and Annie!"

"WHAA!" Bert says shocked.

"Yeahhhh." You tease. "I'll go ask Annie. "You say running over to the cheerleaders.

"Noooo!" Bert says. You can hear Reiner cracking up.

"Annie!" You shout.

"Y/n! You came! What's up?" Annie says.

"Wanna go out with me, Bert and Reiner tonight?" You ask her.

"After the game?"

"Yup."

"Yeah totally." She says.

"Can I come?" Pieck says from the stand above you guys.

"Of course!" You say.

"Ok great! Also ask if Number 25 is going. Galliard. I believe is the last name. He's ravishing."

"Ok I'll ask." You say giggling. You can hear Annie teasing Pieck while you walk back over to the boys.

"Ok so all set. Annie is going and so is Pieck. But one thing. Pieck wants number 25 to come."

"Porco? Yeah I could arrange that." Reiner says.

"Great!" You say.

"You guys aren't funny." Says Bert still sulking.

"Oh get over it. You need to ask her out already." You say.

"Yeah Bert. You spent all of high school being a pussy grow some balls and ask her out." Reiner says.

That makes you crack up.

"Shut up! You both shouldn't be talking."

That makes you stop laughing and the both of you shut up real quick. He didn't have to expose the two of you like that. Reiner decides to break the silence.

"At least I can hold a conversation." Reiner says wrapping his arm around you.

He pats your shoulder.

"See ya tonight." He says with a smile then leaves to go back on the field.

"See ya." You say blushing.

"OoOooOoO you like ReinErRrR." Bert says.

"Shut the hell up. You embarrassed me." You say.

"So did you!" He shouts back.

"WHATEVER!"