Chapter 9 ~ Years Ago

Tw: death and suicidal thoughts

4 Years Ago...

Reiner and Eren were invited to a senior party. They were only sophomores.

At the time, they thought it was so cool.

Reiner was actually the one who was invited. He was the coolest most popular guy in their grade. And Reiner got a plus one, so he invited Eren to go with him.

Eren had to sneak out that night. His mother would kill him if she found out he was going to a senior party.

Eren met up with Reiner at the party.

"Bro we are the coolest sophomore in school!" Reiner yells over the music.

"Yeah we rock!" Eren says bopping his head to the music, his hair getting in his face. It's currently 10:07 p.m.

Reiner and Eren are having the time of their lives. They flirted with senior girls, took shots for the first time, danced on tables. It was the best night of their lives.

Or so they thought.

After all the partying and all the drinking, Eren never thought his mother would figure out where he was.

Eren pulled out his phone to take a picture of him at the senior party but 17 missed calls and many more text messages ran down his phone. All from his mother. Voicemails screamed through the phone asking where he was and that she was going to get him. Eren had his location on, so she was on her way.

"Reiner we gotta go." Eren says pulling on Reiner's arm.

"No way man!" Reiner says.

"No seriously, if it's up to my mother the cops will be here any second." Eren says.

"Ugh fine man, but we might not get another chance like this."

It's 12:28 a.m.

Eren and Reiner make their way outside still holding their drinks. The music pounds loudly inside the house.

"Man you gotta stop worrying all the time." Reiner says sitting on the curb.

"My mom doesn't play. God, sometimes I wish she would just go away." Eren sighs sitting down next to Reiner.

"She's just lookin out for ya man." Reiner gulps down the rest of his drink then tosses it to the side.

The sit there in silence for a bit. Then bright headlights begin to make its way down the road.

"Good luck Eren." Reiner says standing up.

"Thanks." Eren stands too.

Eren can feel his mother's rage from a mile away. His heart is beating faster than it ever has before.

CRASH!

Eren's wish came true.

It was another car.

Where did it even come from?

It flew.

From the side street.

And hit his mother's car.

Hard.

The drivers seat. Completely torn in.

Reiner is already on the phone with 911.

Eren.

He wasn't crying.

He wasn't smiling.

He was feeling a feeling he never felt before.

He slowly begins to walk over to the car.

Reiner puts his hand on Eren's shoulder.

"Don't. An ambulance is on it's way."

"My mother... YAMERO!" Eren yells while falling to his knees. Tears fall from his face uncontrollably.

Eren isn't Japanese but he yells stop in Japanese because it's commonly spoken in his house. His mother was a Japanese teacher.

Eren's voice pierces through Reiner's ears.

"Hey Eren it's ok-."

"NO! THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!" Eren yells. "IF YOU NEVER INVITED ME TO THIS DAMN PARTY MY MOTHER WOULD BE ALIVE RIGHT NOW. YOU DAMN DISGUSTING HUNGRY FOR POPULARITY COWARD!"

"I- I'm sorry..." Reiner says with water setting his eyes.

"Fuck your apology, Reiner. The world would be better off without you. Why don't you just kill yourself."

Those were the last words that Eren ever said to him.

Eren's mother was taken to the hospital.

She didn't make it.

Tears fall from Reiner's eyes as he finishes explain what happened to you.

"Im so sorry." You tell him.

"It's ok. I deserved every word of it." Reiner says.

"No. It wasn't your fault."

"I made him go to that party. So it was." He sighs. "But I've accepted it. It's too late now." He wipes his nose.

You hand him a tissue.

Truthfully neither of them were wrong. Eren might've been a jerk but his mother died. But he takes this rage to a whole new level. It's been 4 years. He still hates Reiner, and the entire school. He can't blame us all can he? And then what's his exception with me? Maybe I should see him? You think.

A/N
HI!
I have nothing to say except
LOOK AT THIS PICTURE OF BURTITIO!!!

A/NHI!I have nothing to say exceptLOOK AT THIS PICTURE OF BURTITIO!!!

Ok that's all I hope you enjoyed :).