Come Together

When the bell rang the rest of the class filed out in a hurry but I had a feeling Sir would want to talk to Abby before she went to see the headmaster. I lingered behind, not wanting to leave her.

"Bennicoff, a word." He said. "Off you go Leerick."

I gave Abby a 'sorry' look but she nodded telling me it was okay. I made my way out of the classroom and hung about in the corridor until Abby emerged a few minutes later.

"To the headmaster then" Abby sighed, rolling her eyes.

"Oh Abby" I said, "I hope you'll be alright."

"Don't be silly, you know me I'm not scared of anything remember?"

It wasn't the first time Abby had been sent to the headmaster for six of the best but it must have hurt I thought. I wouldn't know I'd never been.

"Paul will just have to wait, I'm sure he'll understand when I-"

"No Michelle!" Abby cut me off, "you have to go and see him he might be waiting! I'll be fine honestly, go!"

"Abby!"

"Michelle" she put her hands on her hips and gave me a stern glare much like an annoyed teacher before we both burst out laughing. "Go" she finally said.

"Okay" I said, giving her a hug and slinging my bag across my shoulder. "But you'll come straight to the Casbah when you're done right?"

"You know I will."

I said goodbye to Abby even though we'd see each other soon and I ran down the deserted corridor and out the front doors.

I looked around at the school yard. Most of the people had left by now there were just one or two students here and there. I walked down to the front gates and searched the street, I couldn't see Paul anywhere. Oh well, I thought. There was no way he could have read my mind and met me here, he must be at The Casbah I thought. I waited a minute more just in case then slowly made my way down the street in the direction of The Casbah.

I not had gotten more than ten yards when I heard someone calling my name from behind.

"Michelle!"

I spun around and my heart jumped as I saw the one person I was looking for running towards me. His leather jacket flapping and his hair unsurprisingly not moving an inch due to the amount of Byrl Cream he put in it. I wondered how he managed to run in those drainpipe trousers, they were skin tight and didn't really leave much to the imagination.

I couldn't believe he had shown up here, he must have read my mind after all. I waved to him and I could see him smile, oh how I missed that gorgeous smile of his. His whole face sort of lit up every time he did and in those moments the world seemed brighter.

I started walking towards Paul who wasn't far off now. I thought he might slow down but he continued running so I jogged a few steps when he came nearer and when we came together he grabbed me by the waist and lifted me up like I was as light as a ragdoll, and spun me around. I wrapped my legs around him savouring the moment. In that moment nothing else mattered, Paul and I were reunited.

When he finally put me down he pulled me in for a hug and I let my head rest against his chest, breathing in his sweet smell that I had missed oh so much.

"I've missed you" I said pulling my head back slightly so that I could look up at him, our arms still around each other.

"And I you" he answered, looking down at me before leaning down to kiss me. The kiss had lasted a little longer than I expected. He had initially planted a soft and gentle kiss upon my lips but on pulling away and looking into my eyes he sighed and leant back in, pushing me against the school wall this time. It was just starting to get quite passionate when I pulled away, looking around for fear that someone could see us, we were in public after all.