Carry That Weight

The four of us piled into Abby's house laughing and soaked through. I didn't see any sign of Abby's parents so I guessed she must have been right about them going out.

"Nice place ye got here m'darlin" John said looking around and sitting down in the front room. Paul and I pulled off our dripping coats and hung them up to dry.

"I'll get a few towels" Abby said running upstairs.

"Thanks Abby" I said as she came back and handed me one and I rubbed it on my hair trying to dry it in an attempt to look a bit more presentable.

Rain didn't seem to agree with Bryl cream as Paul's hair had flattened a bit in the rain, a few strands had fallen out of his quiff here and there yet he still looked as gorgeous as ever. He took a towel from Abby and rubbed his own hair then placed it around his shoulders. John had done the same.

"Hey Abby you don't happen to have a spare tshirt or something?" Paul said. I looked over at him, despite having his leather jacket his shirt was still soaked which made it a bit see-through.

"Err yeah you can borrow one of Ben's there should be a pile of washing in a basket in the hall." She said a bit awkwardly, why was she acting so weirdly around Paul today? Back at the Casbah and now... especially when she was going to tell me something before Paul spilled his coffee. I made a mental note to ask her later when we were alone.

"Cheers" Paul said, standing up. From my seat I had a good view of the hall so I couldn't help watching Paul leave the room.

Abby and John had started up a conversation again as they sat beside each other and didn't seem to be paying much attention to me so I quickly sneaked a glance at the hall. I saw the basket Abby had been talking about and so did Paul, then I'm surprised I didn't faint and melt into a puddle on the floor at what I saw next. Paul reached behind his head and pulled his shirt up over his head right there and then leaving him shirtless. I tried to look away to give him back some privacy but boy was it hard. His torso wasn't muscular and beefy but rather slender and slim which seemed to me hugely attractive. His chest-

"Do you want one too Michelle?" I vaguely heard voices on the other side of the room. "Michelle" it was Abby's voice, louder this time.

"Huh what?" I said, turning to her, my 'paul-gazing' interrupted.

"Cuppa?"

"Err yeah sure" I said. Abby nodded although still looking a bit confused at me.

"Hey Paul I'll have one of 'em shirts too mate" John called to Paul.

Then without hesitating John repeated what I had just seen Paul do, but in front of Abby and I without caring one bit.

John pulled off his wet shirt to which Abby said:

"Woah there Lennon easy" she held up her hands to her eyes pretending to shield them but I bet inside she was loving it.

John simply laughed as Paul entered the room and chucked John a white tshirt. Paul himself had a blue one on.

"Apologises Abigail my angel face" he winked before pulling on the shirt. Abby gave him a coy smile then disappeared to made some tea leaving me with John and Paul.

"Hey a piano" John said leaping up and going over to sit on the stool.

For as long as I can remember this piano has always been in Abby's front room. She said it had been their great grandfather's and he had passed it down so it was very old, a family heirloom I suppose. Alex had been the only one who played in the family, classical stuff mostly I had been told, but now that he had moved away it sort of just stood as a piece of furniture, for decoration. The dusty old keys looked neglected and tired as John lifted the lid yet any instrument longs to be played so I hoped it still had a bit of life in it to keep up with someone who was willing to give it whirl.