Chapter 4

After the near fatal attack on my life I turned m y attention to the front of the room where the woman that walked in earlier finally settled herself at the podium.

"Ahem, good morning new students. My name is Chabashira Sae and I am in charge of class D this year. I teach Japanese history. This school doesn't rearrange the classes every year, so over the next three years, I hope I get to know all of you. Best regards. I will now distribute the list of special rules of this school and the matriculation guide."

At this school, there are special rules that make it different from every other high school. All students are required to live on campus, and are forbidden from contacting anyone outside the school.

Even contacting immediate family is impossible without the permission of the school.

Leaving school grounds is also forbidden.

Of course I already knew this. It was the main reason I picked this school in the first place. The perfect environment for me to live a relaxing student life.

There's one more special characteristic of this school, though. The introduction of the S system.

"Earlier you should have received phones. However they also act as your student ID. So be sure not to lose them. You can buy anything from any of the shops and facilities around campus. It works like a credit card. However, be careful of how many points you use. There's nothing you can't buy at school. If there's something on school grounds, it's purchasable."

In short the point system replaced all forms of money from the school except for the allocated points that we are given.

This way everyone coming to this school will start off the same. Kids coming from foster care or heirs of the largest billion yen companies will all be put on the same playing field.

Truly intriguing that the school goes so far to level the playing field.

"Student cards can be used by swiping them on the machines. Using the machines is really easy, so you won't have any trouble with them. The points will be automatically credited on the first day of the month. Everyone should already have 100,000 points on their card. Also, 1 point is worth 1 yen. Any more explanation is unnecessary."

The room exploded in noise at the announcement and I don't blame them. 100,000 yen is no small amount of money. This means every student attending has a 100,000 yen allowance a month.

With 40 kids in each class and there being 4 separate classes spread among 3 grade levels that would mean the school gives out...

"48,000,000 yen a month?"

I couldn't help but mutter the total under my breath as that amount of money being given to students as an allowance went into the area of too large to competently comprehend.

That's the kind of money that you hear about and dream of owning while thinking up elaborate ways to spend the money.

'And the school can just afford to give this out every month?'

"Hm?"

I slightly turned my head to see Horikita looking at me while raising a questioning eyebrow.

'She must've heard me earlier huh? I should really try and stop my muttering from becoming a habit. It would be detrimental if this continues. And should I tell her my suspicions or should I keep it to myself?'

Before I could deliberate on the matter further, Chabashira-Sensei continued talking.

"Were you guys surprised by the amount of points given? This school measures the abilities of students. Everyone here, who passed the entrance exam, has shown some level of merit and worth. The amount of money is a reflection of your skills. Use without holding back. After graduation, however, all the points will be taken back. Since it's impossible to change these points into cash, there's no point in saving up the points. How the points are used are up to you. Use it on things you like or need. If you feel that there is no use for some of your points, you can always transfer them to someone else. However, bullying other people for points is prohibited. The school is very strict on matters concerning bullying."