Chapter 12

As I began to make my way to the library to meet up with Hiyori-san I noticed something interesting. Despite it being the last week of the month I still saw dozens of students walking with their arms filled with shopping bags.

'Interesting that some people still have money left but I guess spending what you have remaining makes sense since we're supposed to get a new allowance next month.'

Despite this being the case I can't help but as if that's not what's going to happen. From what I've seen with the free commodities scattered throughout the campus along with other clues leads me to believe that there must be something that prevents us from gaining our full allowance.

'While I can hazard a guess as to what the criteria would be I can't be sure until the day where we're supposed to receive our points. Until then I just have to enjoy my student life before that happens.'

As if fate had decided to make itself known by spitting in my face, I promptly bumped into someone once my thoughts came to an end.

"Oh! I'm so sorry I wasn't paying attention to where I was going."

I was met with a girl with Peach Apricot hair with steely blue eyes that reflected a calm warmth in them. The girl in front of me dropped the shopping bag she had in her arms as we bumped into each other and I immediately dropped down to pick up her items while also giving her my apologies.

"No it's my fault I was the one who was spacing out in my own thoughts. I could've avoided bumping into you if I was paying attention."

"H-h-h-hey you don't need to help me pick up my things I can get them myself."

"No, I insist , besides it's partially my fault that you dropped your bag in the first place."

"S-s-s-seriously just stop. I can do it myself."

Despite the girl's growing protests I continued my work in gathering up her things and putting them into her bag which consisted of many beauty products with some shirts.

Eventually I made my way to the bottom of the pile and my hand froze midway to grabbing for the next item. As I froze I felt a sudden feeling of dread completely cover my back and slowly begin to constrict my throat.

I quickly retracted my hand and stood up as quick as possible and stepped a few steps backwards and gave a 90 degree bow to the girl in front of me and apologized profusely.

"Please accept my heartfelt apologies." After stumbling into you, I was only attempting to put your belongings back together. I had no intention of taking anything or intruding into your business by rummaging through your belongings. I apologize once more and hope you will accept my apologies for my blunder."

From my angle I could see the girl in front of me awkwardly shift her weight from each foot due to not knowing what to do at the current situation.

"I-t-t-t-t's okay you were just trying to help.... just be sure to listen to someone when they tell you to stop next time. It would cause less situations like this."

"I couldn't agree with you more. It was my mistake and once again I'm really sorry I didn't have any ulterior motives. I was just trying to help."

"Y-y-you're f-f-i-i-ne just stop bowing please you're making me embarrassed."

I rigidly began to straighten my back out in order to face the girl in front of me. Upon doing so I noticed that her face was beet red in embarrassment.

We both stood there in silence not knowing what to say to one another. The awkward atmosphere around the both of us began building until it reached unbearable heights.