Chapter 6

I opened my eyes to darkness and the comfortable cushion of the bed beneath me with my internal alarm clock saying that the time was 6:30. That still left me another hour to get ready and before I begin my trek to school.

I stared up at my bland ceiling for a few moments gathering the energy to get out of bed.

When I found the energy to move I lethargically peeled myself from the top of my bed and felt the last of Morphous' spell begin to wear off.

I walked over to the desk that was a few feet away from my bed and collected the plastic bag I put there last night. I grabbed the necessary toiletries and made my way to the bathroom to start my morning grooming.

Upon cleaning myself up I noticed a lack of hamper in my bathroom and began to feel a slight sense of dread. I then turned my gaze towards the closet that was in the bathroom and opened it with trepidation.

To my relief the closet held towels but there was still no sign of a hamper. With a sigh I listed the item on my mental grocery list the next time I went out.

I stripped down from my clothes and neatly folded them on the toilet seat before hopping in the shower looking to quickly clean myself.

I wasted little time in shower and quickly cleaned myself and hopped out of the shower with a small amount of steam covering the mirror and floating about the room.

I quickly dried myself off and exited the bathroom and made my way to the closest to grab a new uniform. I quickly dawned the identical attire to what I wore yesterday.

'Glad they provide undergarments that would not be a fun experience having to wear the same ones from yesterday.'

Just like the first time I dawned the uniform I buttoned up my undershirt to all but the buttons on the collar and then shrugged on my overcoat. I then sat down on my bed and pushed my legs into the slacks.

I was then faced with the herculean task of making it look like I didn't know how to tie a tie and make it look presentable. The disdain on my face at trying to get this boa constrictor under my control would've surely burned the tie in my grasp if I could produce the heat I was showing with my eyes.

I eventually got the tie to look somewhat presentable with a resigned sigh at knowing this was the best I was going to get at the moment.

'How is it that the one time I was ever sick was when we covered this?'

After glancing at the analog clock that was on one of the walls I noticed how long my battle with the demon really lasted and realized I used up more time than I wanted.

The clock read 7:30 and while I still had plenty of time to make it to class I would have rather left a little earlier so no unforeseen events could impede me on my way to school.

I swiftly sat up and grabbed my school bag and exited my room locked in a swift motion. I then made the long trek down the hallway and made it to the elevator and pressed the call button and waited for the slow descent of the elevator from one of the upper floors.

The elevator soon arrived on my floor and opened up with its usual 'ding' that heralded its stop. The doors pushed open and revealed the carriage along with an additional rider inside.

"Horikita-san?"

When the elevator doors opened, I was greeted by none other than my brief companion at this school. I couldn't help but pause in the elevator's entranceway, struck by the fact that the only person I knew at school I bumped into on my way to class.

"Ayanokouji-kun, are you simply going to stand there and gawk, or should I presume your mental condition is in as poor condition as that tie around your neck?"