TWENTY. the monumental parts in life

TWENTYthe monumental moments in life

TWENTY
the monumental moments in life

tw: strong language, mentions of alcoholism, mentions of violence, mentions of injury, mentions of sexual assault, and mentions of death

COBRA KAI
(season 3, ep 8)

     IT NEVER DAWNED on Scarlett how strong of a person she was

IT NEVER DAWNED on Scarlett how strong of a person she was. How she could go through all this pain and would still be standing no matter how much it hurt. It was like it was in her blood.

She was currently at an AA meeting and she has hit her four month sobriety mark and she invited a few people to hear her speak. She never really liked public speaking before but she built up the courage. "My name is Scarlett and I'm an alcoholic." Scarlett looked out into the crowd, clutching the paper in her hands. "Hi, Scarlett."

"I've never really spoken before mostly because I didn't feel too comfortable telling a bunch of people my issues but that's the point of a support group. I'm 16 and I started drinking when I was 14 after I was sexually assaulted at a party. After that, I felt small. And I went home and downed my mom's bottle of champagne. I lost a friend and I almost got into a car accident and after that, I realized that I didn't want this to become a problem but it felt so good to me. It quieted all of my thoughts and I felt like I didn't have problems anymore but I was just developing a new one." Scarlett began.

"After that, my mom sent me to rehab for a month and I went to AA but then I stopped going to meetings last summer because I started a new hobby. I joined a karate dojo and it was the best thing that has ever happened to me even though it caused some issues. Overall it's something I never want to give up. I'm sure you all heard about the school fight at West Valley high. I was in that fight and I'm close friends with the boy that fell from the second story. And that was the worst day of my life. I didn't even care about my injuries from that I cared about my friend and the fear of him dying consumed me completely. And I wanted to drink so I couldn't think of it but I didn't. But, now he's way better."