💮○My Only Escape○💮

Your POV

"You." Laito says with an evil smirk.

"What? I-I don't.. understand." I asked and slowly got up from my seat. I attempt to reach for the folder, but he grabs my wrist, "Let me go."

"You have no idea how long I waited for you come here. I must admit that it did took a while for your father to take the bait." He says with cold eyes, "Couldn't have done it alone of course."

"Wait, what?" I was puzzled by his words and tried to piece things together.

Wait a minute. Their stolen documents.. the photos.. this letter..

But he said that he didn't do this alone.

The only other person that I could think of from father's conversation was..

"No.." I didn't even what to think of saying the name.

"Carol." He says before putting his hat down, "She was quite the feisty lady, but.. she wasn't really my type. It didn't really took much, but God was she annoying. Probably because of her being old and used up."

"I don't believe this.. w-why!? I can understand about my father being a fraud, but-" The next word I was about to say was taken from me as I was suddenly pinned against the wall.

What- He's really fast! We were just at the desk 3 feet away from here!

"I had to use you to not only for my exposing ideas to your father, but I need you for a project of mine." He then laughs seductively.

"..What project are you planning?" I was panicking. I knew I couldn't call for help from Momo and he made sure that I wouldn't get rescued at all. It made me feel stupid to try and seek out help from someone, but I already had my friends do that and I was too selfish to realize that.

I could only think of worst.

"Oh it's quite simple, stardust. I want you to work with me and my brothers here at this industry." Laito grazed his fingers on my cheek, "If you want our protection, a fair profit, and a succeeding case against your father, I would like you to come here whenever you're free and be a part of our business. Business as in photo shoots, advertisement, special interviews, and of course a donation from you since this isn't a free trade."

I was taken back by his words. It was quite hard to understand what kind of man like him would go through extreme measures to expose my father and would expect something from me in return.

This is already too much to cope..

"You can file a case without using me." I glared at him, "So why are you helping me?"

"Isn't that why you came here?" He asks with a smirk. It made his smug smile grow even more when I was little disturbed that he know more than I expected him to know, "Believe me, I know an abusive father when I see one. They're pretty easy to find and torture."

"..." I didn't want to say another word.

He's right. But what would happen if I don't cooperate with him? Would I be held as a hostage? Will I be killed? Or would he sell me?

"It's best if you just cooperate with me, Y/n." He said as he then begins to look at me seriously, "Your life may be at risk, depending on what you pick, I suggest that you would chose wisely."

I gulped. It was stupid of me to just come here alone. Even with a friend, I  was still unable to succeed and got caught. If I do cooperate with him, I at least have the right to put my terms and conditions in order for this to work. I can only hope for the best now that Bakugo isn't here to protect me. I shouldn't have to rely on him and do better.