[Name's] Progress

. . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . .

Trailing back into their den, [Name] shifted away the nails and bolts on the floor, making their way over to the rusted workbench and placed their hoverboard aside. Petting Spike, who was munching on a bowl of lettuce that [Name] had promised for him.

"If I wasn't chasing Sonic, I'd be in my den. Doing whatever satisfied me."

The [Animal Name] sat down on their dented spinny chair, spinning around for a bit and trailed on towards their radio. Bashing their bandaged fist onto it, the radio started to play 'Just a Cloud Away -- by Pharrell Williams'. and they drummed their fingers in the air to the beat. Grabbing their protective ironed-mask, they grabbed their flame-torch and started to burn at the edges of their creation.

Even since they had arrived onto Earth, [Name] had scramble about in resources, unlike Sonic (who could just zap about and grab his stuff in a millisecond), the [Colour] mobian had to be stealthy on whatever they needed to get for survival. Overtime, they managed to work on timing, since the adaption of Green Hills had grown onto them.

Bopping their head to the beat of the happy go-lucky song, they glanced at Spike, who was going inside his shell to rest for a while, causing the other to smile. A small sigh left their nose, ears twitched in an overlapped manner, as they then started mending in the pieces of the invention.

"I always made something in this place. Whether, it was for catching Sonic or-- Well, there really isn't an 'or' for another option, since catching Sonic is the only thing I got brought up for."

It was two different inventions, now they were done with their work. Placing the two inventions to the side, grinning proudly at the well-fixed gun and the mechanical snake, both were ready to be used.

Placing a case over them, [Name] dusted any dirt from their gloved hands off and sat by Spike. The [Colour] [Animal Name] rested their cheek by the roughed-up wooden picnic table and their cheek was smooshed, as they stared at the tortoise that was munching away on his food.

"Do you think my new stuff will work this time, Spike? Uh, munch on the lettuce 2 times, if you think so! If you don't think so, munch on it only...once!" Their ears twitched, shuffling about on their seat and let out a content sigh within anticipation on awaiting for what Spike would do next.

"I'd always rely on Spike for some good indication on his part of answering a question for me."

Spike munched on the lettuce, not once, not twice, but thrice!

"Most times, he helps. Other times, he just...confuses me. And, I don't like being confused. Wastes valuable time that I could be using on being un-confused on ways to get Sonic."

[Name] stood up quickly from their seat, their nose twitched into confusion, as a speculated frown was drawn over their features. "What's that supposed to mean, Spike?--" Stopping themselves, they wavered their right bandaged-hand in the air in a dismissal manner and sat themselves back down. "Nevermind. I just, wanna get the stupid hedgehog, y'know? It's, like my destiny and I do wanna go back home, I miss them all and it's been; what? 10 years, and I still haven't even caught Sonic."

Spike blinked slowly, stopping his snack munch-down and started to slowly walk towards [Name], who could only press their chin on the table and let out a huff of irritation. Their eyes widened from the tortoise slowly reaching its clawed, scaly hand towards the mobian's face in comfort.

The [Colour] mobian could only muster a small smile.

"Spike is my-- best friend. So, I'll give him props for helping me out here. Well, trying to at least..."

...

"Don't worry, too much about me. Be more worried about what the idiot, Sonic, is going to do next."

[Name] was staring through binoculars of there, analysing Sonic, who was watching Tom helping a family of ducks across the road. The [Colour] mobian narrowed their eyes, wearing their bin disguise and saw someone move towards them with a hot cup of coffee, dumping it in and [Name] let out a muffled yell.

"Okay-Okay, that hot cup of coffee hurt A LOT. So, let's not dwell on that...From what I know, Sonic's favourite human is this guy called the Donut Lord, who's the protector of this place, Green Hills, and the defender of all creatures, big 'n small."

Tom ate his sprinkled donut, wrinkling his nose from inhaling through his nose and held his hand out towards the traffic, putting it to a halt to it and glanced down at the family of ducks passing by. "Morning! Donald, Daisy, Daffy."

...

"This Donut Lord lives with his partner, Yoga Lady-- Oh, wait; she's called Pretzel Lady. I just think, Sonic has a thing where he nicknames things as sweet-related things at this point."

Now, at the backyard of the Wachowski's house, Maddie was walking out with a laptop within her grasp and set it down onto a mat. Prepping herself up, she got into her yoga poses with Sonic from a far distance, yelping in pain from not being able to be flexible, like her. [Name] was a bit further as well, grinning proudly at them being able to do some of the yoga poses.

"Ooh, a weakness from the hedgehog?" Raising an invisible brow, they grinned in an even more malicious manner and cackled comically, whilst rubbing their bandaged gloves in glee.

"She's apparently nice to animals, so when I leave Earth; I'd give Spike to her then. Don't tell anyone I said that, feels embarrassing when my trust to others is exposed."

"Ouch, ouch, ouch." Sonic repeated, his eyes narrowed and his nose twitched within discomfort.

"Spectacularly, Pretzel Lady was born without bones."

...

"There is, however, one human that seems to know of mine and Sonic's existence."

The bearded man, held up a crudely drawn picture of horribly drawn versions of Sonic and [Name]. People in the place started to laugh in amusement, at the observant man's antics, whilst Crazy Carl shoved the drawing near to Tom, who held his face and turned away in a dismissal manner of embarrassment.

"I almost caught 'em both, last night, at the same time!" The bearded man croaked out, causing more rupture in laughter.

...

Crazy Carl was within the deep depths of the forest, traps laid about all around him to the point of where, he possibly couldn't move about on his own. All of a sudden, a blue flash zoomed through the traps with ease, each of the bear traps being triggered to close in and the old man looked around in shock with his flashlight within his hand.

"I think, Sonic just finds it fun to mess with the old guy. The guy was nice enough to leave little posters saying; 'WILL FIND YOU DEMONS!!' 'BEWARE OF THE [COLOUR] AND BLUE DEMONS!' They were nice."

Before the frantic man could react, [Name] came up from behind, disguised as a bush and forcefully pushed the man into his own trap, hoisting him into the air, as he was dangling about, like a fool. [Name] started to make some inexplicable noises, like they were in a spy movie and backed away into the shadows.

"I know, you're both out there. And, I know you're both real!"

Sonic then faintly replied in the distance, "No, we're not!"