The Dark Side of the Moon

I didn't understand why Ae's hands were so warning and tender. They were caressing me in a very subtle way that my heart was pounding happily in my chest.

It was a feeling that made my darkest fears go away.

For a moment, I forgot everything while being with Ae, all the confusion and fear that I have felt, seemed to vanish.

Who are you? that only with a soft caress, you make feel so needy for you.

- Ae - I was brave to call him - Can I ask you something? - I couldn't bear anymore, I needed to feel him.

- Sure, tell me - he looked so calm and serene, unlike me.

- But, don't ask me the reason, please, just do it. -

- Very well, tell me - he was trying to understand me, but I couldn't understand myself.

- Could you hold me? - finally, I said what I had wanted and he was surprised.

- Of course - He approached slowly to my side and his warm arms surrounded me.

The sensation I felt was so familiar as if those strong arms were my home.

I could smell the scent of his skin, it was intoxicating, a part of my soul wanted more, I would lie if I said that my soul was the only part that wanted him, all my whole being wanted more from Ae, so I buried my head in his chest and inhaled all his scent, I could feel how his heart was beating hastily.

I looked up and my eyes found his, it was only him and me at this moment, no one else existed anywhere.

We were so close that I could breath his personal air.

I wanted so much to taste the flavor of his lips, but when he started to close the distance between us, my cellphone rang.

Was this the best thing that could have happened?

I don't know! but I was sad, and when I saw the ID caller, I felt as if all my worries came back to me in a second.

- Who is it? Answer it, Pete. - I saw how his face seemed annoyed as if he knew who was the caller.

- Hello Zee, what do you need? -

{ Where are you, Pete? I came to your house and you mom told me that you went out, but she didn't know where you were, are you with Tin?}

- Tell him yes, Pete. -

What??!!! Was Ae able to listen to what Zee was saying?

- But I don't - I was going to deny, but I ended doing what he asked me to do - Yes, I'm with him, wait for me, I won't take long to arrive. - I was very annoyed.

Why did he ask me to lie? and worst of all, why did I lie when he asked me to?

"But this time, I wouldn't leave the doubt to linger in my mind."

- Ae, why did you ask me to lie? - he thought for a while before answering.

- I think it is the best Pete, I don't want Zee to imagine things that aren't happening. -

- Imagine what things? - my annoyance was transforming into anger.

- That you and I have betrayed him somehow. -

"I couldn't believe what Ae was saying, he was about to kiss me!"

I know! I didn't imagine that!

Besides, what we've just shared was beautiful and now, he tells me this!

Definitely, I don't know what I was thinking, once again, I'm the stupid one here, I don't even know the person that is in front of me, I should never approach him again in the future.

"I'm hurt  by the way he's acting and I don't want to feel this"

- It will be better if I leave now, Zee is waiting for me - I had to go or else, I'd start crying.

- I'll accompany you. -

- No, I can go alone - I felt that his presence was asphyxiating me.

- but Pete, - he tried to touch me, but I backed up.

- I don't want to bother you anymore Ae. - I turned around and left the place.

I started to walk and I couldn't stop thinking about my feelings when I said goodbye to him.

My heart felt so cold and even more when I saw that his eyes were so sad. I couldn't understand anything that passed through Ae's head, but he made me feel so many things and I didn't know what to do.

"The best thing I could do is to be far away from him."

What do you think dear Moon?

If you could only answer me, I couldn't avoid the sigh that escaped my lips due to the frustration I was feeling inside.

But, when I observed the Moon, I found out something, today, it was her first quarter, which made me think that the Moon that I have always loved is always the same.

She always shows us the same side, even though it has different shapes.

The reason for that is because we only see the part that the Sun shines on, this part that is illuminated, changes accordingly to the position of the Moon while It circles the Earth, creating the Moon Phases.

Maybe, Ae is like the Moon, he only shows me the phase that's illuminated and he doesn't allow me to see what lies on his dark side, where he's hiding his true self from me.

Why? How many sides do you have Ae?

But the most important question is: Do I want to know more about him?

I was so confused but I was thinking that Zee was just the same.

Despite having known him for 5 months, apparently, I didn't know anything about him as well, it looked as if everyone around me kept secrets in that dark side that we all have and hide.

But, if you love someone, and you want to share your life with that person, you should be able to trust him/her and let them know you just as you are and you have to show them everything you are.

Including that dark side, that doesn't define you, but it's a complement of your personality and even if this terrifies or embarrasses you, the person that loves you has to be able to see through those shadows and discover the light that resides inside you.

Because even in the dark side of the Moon, there's a bright that's waiting to be discovered.

Maybe, it was my destiny to unveil what Ae hides in his heart.

Maybe, when he became honest with me, I would be able to see clearly his true nature and be sure about Ae's feelings.

But, for now, I'll walk under the cloak of darkness, hoping it may take all the sadness and disappointment I'm feeling right now...

TBC...