III. First Attempt: Failed

After the disaster of meeting with the Director of the CIA, the three mutants chose to follow the mysterious man; the only one who seem to be more impressed and genuinely interested in mutants. As he led them through one of the many parking floors, Melinda glanced at Charles who had placed two fingers at his temple.

It was something he did when he used his telepathic abilities to their more specialised range. Once he was done, she glanced at him. "Is she coming?" Melinda asked, already having figured out to whom she was trying to contact.

Charles gave her a small sheepish smile, not surprised that his older sister could see right through him. She always had that strong look in her hazel eyes, as if she could also be a telepath. But no, she was simply very good at knowing her people and their body language.

Melinda, though, did want Moira to join them. Mostly because of the very original reason as to why they were in the CIA building in the first place. A powerful mutant, named Sebastian Saw, was a growing threat. It was him and his minions, who Moira saw attacking people.

Both mutants knew that he would be a problem if he continued, but they also knew the two of them would never be able to stand a chance against him. Not like that.

"I have always known, that there were people like you out there" their latest ally talked, mostly focused on Raven, who was walking by his side. "I have been the laughing stock of this agency for years, but I knew it! You are going to love my facility!"

"That's going to have to wait," Charles said, making his older sibling roll her eyes at his lack of manner.

"Why?" the man asked, full of curiosity.

"Agent MacTaggert has a lead on Sebastian Shaw, and if we do not move now, apparently...we are going to lose him"

Just on cue, a black car stopped right in front of them, with none other than Moira behind the wheel.

The Agent who was so interested in them was confused even more. Charles wasted no time getting in, taking the seat next to Moira as Raven held the door open for Melinda to go in first.

"Not only can he read minds, but he can also communicate with them as well" the blond explained, joining her sister.

Melinda gave the man a small smile. "Do not worry. You will slowly catch up. It is always a lot to take in"

"Mel is right," Charles said. "Moira and I just had a lovely conversation"

The female agent gave a smile of her own, happy that she could go on with the investigation but also to be included in something so extraordinary and new. Melinda did not blame her, remembering how excited she was when she was the one helping Charles communicate via a mind link, as she called it.

"I am sorry but I cannot take you anywhere, without an order from upstairs," the man said.

"Charles?" Melinda asked a hint behind that very same tone she used as her brother and she exchanged a look from the upper mirror.

Placing his two hands on his temple, the telepath looked at their latest friend. "Want to see another magic trick?" he asked him.

"Absolutely" the man replied.

"Get in the car," Charles told him.

"Good idea"

Melinda shook her head as she moved further to the window of the car, letting Raven make some space as the man got in the car with them.

Moira glanced at the two women and the oldest one waved her hand dismissively. "Do not worry. It is all harmless" she reassured.

Charles had that speciality, coming along with his mutation, to influence the thinking and decisions of others. Like a tiny voice at the back of their head, telling them what to do.