XIII. Last Night Together, part 2

After the small bonding time between the two sisters, it was time for them to take separate ways for the night. Eventually, Melinda decided to have a shower for the night, her body sweaty from all that intense exercise. The warm water felt nice, offering some comfort and easing the storm deep into her heart.

She finished with her shower and wrapped herself in a white simple towel that stopped barely in the middle of her thigh. Her dark brown hair fell on her back, droplets rolling down her skin as she decided to brush them later. She exited the bathroom that was part of her room but came to a halt when she noticed she was not alone.

She jumped faintly and almost lost the grip on her towel when she spotted Erik sitting on her bed, admiring a picture that had been framed and placed on the nightstand. It was a group picture of everyone, which had been taken a few days after they had moved to the Xavier Manour.

It was a group picture, of everyone standing in a nice line in front of the manor. Raven had the idea and her excitement was more than enough to persuade everyone in joining. Well, almost everyone. Alex and Erik did not wish to be in the picture but were dragged into it, either way.

However, based on their little pouts and looks of annoyance; one could tell just from that picture that the two of them did not wish to be part of it in the first place.

"Erik, I did not hear you coming," she said, drawing his attention.

She was certain she had locked the door but yet again, a locked door was a child's play for the man that could control metal. She was still surprised by his sudden appearance in her room but also found it ironic, for she had been thinking to go see him once she had gotten dressed.

"I am not interrupting, am I?" he asked.

She placed one hand on her waist, giving him a look that said everything. His question was already answered by the fact that she'd just gotten out of the shower. She did wonder how long he had been waiting for her to finish showering but she decided not to ask it, not now at least.

"No, I was just not expecting you tonight" she explained as she went to her desk to grab her brush, the other hand holding the towel. They had seen each other naked enough times by now but she still felt the need to be at least a little bit modest. From the mirror across from her, she saw him lifting an eyebrow at her. "I mean, because of everything. I thought you would like to be alone tonight, think about your revenge and all" she explained as she started to brush her hair, getting rid of all the knots.

"I was actually with Charles, talking about it and tomorrow in general" he explained and she picked up the tone of annoyance. She was not surprised all of a sudden, for tonight it did feel as if Charles was in the mood to argue with anyone. "What do you think about it? Charles doesn't want me to kill him"

Melinda finished brushing her hair and looked at Erik through the mirror. She gently lowered her brush and she let out a small sigh. "I do not think revenge will give anyone the satisfaction they expect" she started as she kept her back turned on him. "But, I have never been in a position where I wanted revenge against someone, so I wouldn't truly know"

Erik stood up and slowly started to walk towards her. "And what about Shaw? Do you also believe that he should be left alive?"

Melinda watched him through the mirror. "I do not think my opinion will truly change the outcome of what will happen tomorrow," she said.

By now, he was standing right behind her and she could almost feel the heat of his body against her exposed back. Her one hand always held the towel and ensure it would not fall, her wet hair falling gently on her back as droplets left trails on her skin.