eleven

Class was about to start and you were already tired. You had your head propped up on your arm, and Mikasa was face down on her bag sleeping. There was a light tap on your shoulder that slightly jolted you awake, you looked back to see the figure behind you was Eren. "Oh.. it's you." You said playfully.

"It's me, and you're you, but it can be us baby." He whispered tilting your head up.

"That made me want to vomit." Mikasa said gradually stirring awake.

'Back to the usual antics' you thought. Eren leaned against your table, talking away and causing you to not be able to fall back asleep. You sat there nodding to everything he said trying your best to fight the tiredness you felt.

Eventually he left you alone, but it was only because the professor had walked in and told everyone to take their seats. You and Mikasa groaned as you positioned yourself to listen.

As the lecture went on a small paper was thrown onto your table. You turned your head and saw Eren quickly dart his eyes away from you. The note read:

the professor has on fece threes- looks
like wads of animal poop attached to his feet

You looked back at him containing your laughter, and showed the note to Mikasa before writing back to Eren.

you're such a child lol

The note was passed back to Eren and eventually thrown back at you. This time it said:

yk you love my jokes. nice to see you
smiling for once today

As you were finishing up writing to Eren the substitute professor came up to your desk and looked you straight in the eye. "Ms.L/N, I highly advise you to pay attention as I'll be your teacher for the next few weeks and will not spend time going back over material that you should've been paying attention to instead of writing notes to Eren." With that he took the paper out of your hand and read it silently. He turned around and walked back to his seat without saying a thing to you or Eren.

The rest of the class had gone by and you and Eren were asked to stay after class. "Ms. L/N, Mr. Jaeger, I'd rather you write the assignment you were given than write love letters and snarky comments in this class. Don't do it again."

"Yes sir." Eren and you replied in sync. You grabbed your bags and headed out the door with Eren. You went your separate ways to your next class and told him you'd meet up with him later.

——

After your last class you met up with your friends in the parking lot. You all stood off to the side by your cars contemplating what you were going to eat. "I don't care, I just want food. I haven't eaten since an hour ago." She says getting into the car and leaning her head against the window.

Eventually the group decided on Chinese food. You filed into cars and made your way there.

In the restaurant you sat in between Connie and Sasha with Eren across from you and everyone else sitting in the open surrounding seats. When you sat down you realized your seating choice was a mistake. The constant bickering of Connie and Sasha next to you was terrible. You mouthed 'help' to Eren and all he did was sit there and laugh. "I mean there's always room for you to sit right here." He patted his lap.

"I don't want you to open your mouth if that's what's going to come out." You replied.

The multiple conversations that had been going on around the table, eventually turned into one, "What?" Marco indulged in the conversation.

"I told him to stop doing that fuck boy stuff in public, as you can see he doesn't listen." You told Marco. He just shook his head.

Jean also found a way into the conversation, but changed the subject completely. "Hey um question for the girls, sorry women-" he put his hands up, "Why are you at a level 4 instead of the usual 8 right now? Not complaining, just asking."

"They're on their lady days Jean, do you ever pay attention?" Armin answered. "They hangout too much so they're completely synced up all the time."

Jean looked at Armin for a second, "Why the hell do you just know that?"

He shrugged, "I'm invited to the girl hangouts, I know stuff." You nodded and agreed with Armin, as did Mikasa, Sasha, and Annie.

"No fair.. I want to be invited." Jean huffed and took a sip of his water, then everyone went back to their separate conversations.

You began talking to Mikasa and was interrupted by the waiter who came over to take orders. "Sorry to interrupt, can I start you off with something to-" you turned your head and looked at the man before you. He looked familiar but you didn't know why. "Y/n?"

You looked at Sasha before answering, "Yeah?"

"It's Miles; from the mall. You were doing that scavenger hunt and bumped into me." He waved, 'Right. I forgot about that.' You thought before giving a simple wave back. "Sorry I didn't text, a lot was..."

He had gotten cut off by an irritated Eren, "Some of us still haven't ordered, if you could hurry it up that'd be fantastic."

"Eren don't be rude." Mikasa hit his arm and he rubbed it gently staying silent.

Miles nodded and stopped the conversation there. "No he's right." He said asking what you wanted. You'd given him your order and he finished making his way around the table. After he walked away Mikasa talked to you across the table, "You never mentioned a Miles. Especially not one that cute."

"He didn't seem like anybody I needed to mention. It was a two second interaction that I can barely remember." You begin telling her as everyone around the table listened in. You looked over at Eren for a moment who looked like he'd stopped paying attention, and began scrolling on his phone.

When Miles came back with the food and drinks glares were exchanged between him and Eren, subtle enough for no one to notice.

"I think you should invite him to the bonfire this weekend. He seems like he wants to hangout with you." Sasha spoke to you with her mouth full, and Annie agreed before fussing at her to not talk with a full mouth. "It doesn't have to be a date, it can just be friends hanging out."

"I don't know, maybe." At first you didn't know why you kept sneaking peaks at Eren but then decided it was because you wanted a reaction. Something to let you know what he was feeling, even if it was nothing at all. Of course Eren was only your friend, but there were developing feelings you had for him and weren't entirely sure if he felt the same.

You remembered that both of you agreed to keep what you did a secret, which you assumed implied that it was a one time thing. So with that you decided you might as well give it a shot with Miles.

Once everyone finished eating you paid for your bill to get ready to go. You said bye to Miles and made your way to the car with Sasha.

You waited until you got home to text him and see if he was interested. 'What could it hurt?' You asked yourself before sending him the message.

————————————————-
miles

hey it's y/n

glad you texted

ik it's short notice but do you
want to go to a bonfire party
with me this weekend?

sure, im free just send me the
info

see you there :)

————————————————-