09

Chapter 09 || This isn't proving your point, Mai

;progression not perfection

Another beautiful day in paradise and I was already on the field practising drills. 

The guys were still pussyfooting about in the locker room when I left. 

Allie has a stick up his ass about some girl that stood him up - does she even know who she stood up? I'm Allias fucking Ashford. 

Honestly, it was hilarious but I needed to get some more training in before the game this Saturday - only my thoughts are not on the ball or the touchdown line, they're on a little blondie that kissed me.

I chuck the ball down on the grass and walk over to where my water is, tearing my gloves from my fingers and tucking them in my back pocket - just as I grabbed my bottle, Drew appeared as if from thin air, his direction was straight for me.

"Yo." He greets me with a nod, flopping himself down on the bench I was standing next to.

"What's good." I reply, squirting water into my mouth then spitting it on the grass beside me.

Drew's a standup guy, we've been friends since freshman year when we started playing ball together. 

Most of the guys on the team are snubby assholes who think they can get any girl they want with a snap of their fingers, Drew wasn't like that, and I guess that's how he and Thalia became instant best friends. 

A couple years ago I was utterly jealous of the relationship they had. It was the kinda friendship you see on fucking pinterest or some shit - it was sweet and nauseating - where as my relationship with her was a love/hate kinda friendship - we'd bust each others balls and reply with snarky come backs, what I really wanted was the kind of relationship they had. I mean, I have known her my entire life, so why couldn't we have that?

"I was chatting to Thai last night," He drawls out. 

What am I supposed to say to that? Cool, good for you? 

"She mentioned something."

I chuck my bottle on the floor and pull my gloves out the back pocket.

"Oh yeah, what?" I respond, mostly acting like I don't care when deep down I have a sinking feeling that I know what she said.

"Yeah, she claimed you guys kissed. At the after party last week."

Yup. I stand corrected.

"We did." I admit. No point in hiding it. "Was that it?"

"No," He sighs, running his hand through his hair. "Sean fucked her about, pretty brutally I might add. We all saw how she was, we all wanted to help - but now she's back."