26

Chapter 26 || Milan, New York and London

;mistakes are proof that you're trying

"Tomorrow you have a meeting with Mr Drake at three pm, then lunch with the president of Vogue after that, I believe you agreed to it being at four thirty." I inform Chris as I traipse behind him down the hallway.

He nods as I speak. "Yes, and I expect you to be there for both of them." 

Since I came in earlier this afternoon, Chris has had a huge, giant, thick stick up his ass. I'm surprised as he hasn't been in one bad moon since I've worked for him, but today, jeez. Remembering Duke telling me his mother said he can be a huge asshole when he was in a mood came springing to mind. 

I just take in a deep breath and suck it up. 

I needed this job, and I'll be damned if one bad mood sends me running.

"Uh. . . yeah, sure. I can be there."

Not. I had plans with Duke and now I have to cancel them so I can attend two meetings I doubt I'll be needed at.

"Good. As for my meeting with Veronica Row, I need you there too. She's tiresome to hold a conversation with, so you'll be the buffer in that situation." Chris blankly replies.

Wonderful.

"Sure, no problem." I say, swallowing a groan.

"Call Arthur and have him have the car ready for us. We're going to Jervelle's to go over my schedule for the rest of the week."

Then he walks off, leaving me standing dumbfounded in the middle of the firms hallway.

Why did we need to go to some fancy ass restaurant to go over his weekly meetings? Couldn't we have just done that in his office?

Ugh. Mrs Simmons was right. He is an asshole when he's moody.

I waste no time in calling Arthur and asking nicely for him to please have Chris' car ready, followed by rushing down to the lobby to meet with Chris himself - who's standing by the reception desk, idly tapping on his phone - with a frown on his face, and his knuckles white as he grips the iPhone.

Upon hearing my footsteps, his head snaps up and those dark eyes meet mine, for them to then drop and scale my entire body.

A queasy knot forms in my stomach, as I grimace internally.

"Shall we?" He smiles, extending his arm gesturing us to make a move towards the car.

I give him a nod and a polite smile.

The car ride was eerily silent as Chris tapped, clicked and swiped on his phone. The driver didn't turn the radio on, and I was sat there looking out the window, waiting for this day to be over so I can climb into Duke's bed and breathe in his wonderful scent.