15

Chapter 15 || You're my favourite person

;if you focus on the lesson you'll continue to grow

I don't know if Thalia was still on her spree of quitting the cheer team and taking on a job to pursue her music career, but if she was, I had the best news and was all consumed with telling her, just to see that pretty smile shine for me.

I did as I promised and called around a few people to see if anyone had a job that paid well enough that she could live comfortably and pay tuition while taking on her new challenge. Thankfully, my mother was quite the social butterfly in her role at the modelling agency, along with Thalia and Allias' mom. Swearing to keep a secret, she put me through to a guy called Chris Mordow - a highly recommended agent in the beauty world - who's offered a job for Thalia to be his evening PA.

As I slump down on the bench in front of my locker, ripping off my sweaty sport strap, a lingering and heavy presence hovers over me, slowly looking up to see Coach's shoulders slumped and his eyes tired.

"Simmons, office." is all he commands.

I knew I wasn't in trouble, but his tone had me doubting myself. Did I fuck up one of the plays? Was my footing wrong? Is it because I didn't plough Allias into the ground when he was on defence?

Like a child-like boy, I dropped into the visitors chair across from Coach's desk, watching him as he slipped off his FIU sun visor and tossed it aimlessly on his desk.

"Is everything okay, Coach?" I asked, warily.

"Mhm." He hums, before continuing, dropping in his leather desk chair. "How did everything go at the police station?" 

"As well as can be. Thai had to get pictures taken of her injuries, the son of a bitch left deep scratch marks on her back." Already feeling my blood heat rising. "They're taking it seriously."

He gives me a slight nod. "Good. I spoke to Sean's parents."

I don't know whether this is going to come out bad or good. The thing with Coach is he doesn't wear his heart on his sleeve, he's always backed up like a clogged toilet. 

"His mother is satisfied with the fact he's lost his place on the team and may occur a criminal record. Safe to say she doesn't condone her son being an attempted sick fuck." I sense a but coming. "But his father doesn't seem to be on the same page, he's not pleased in the slightest. Claiming he's not letting his son plead guilty because, and I quote, his ex-girlfriend is a tease who's scorned because she got cheated on."

I 'bout fell through my seat hearing that. Now, I see where Sean gets his fucking deluded personality from. The mere mention of someone thinking that way about Thalia had me bent the fuck outta shape.