13

Chapter 13 || Rare Gem

;try be a rainbow in someone's cloud

As pissed as I was that Duke slyly took me to see Coach instead of the breakfast I was pining for, I was thankful to the Lord above that he created men like him. 

Without him I wouldn't have gotten through this fuckery of an ordeal. The patience and kindness Duke displayed made me realise how glad I am to have this lifelong friend in my life.

But now is not the time to be sentimental, as I'm currently sat in the police station's interview room, my hand squeezing as tightly as it can onto Duke's - although he doesn't seem to mind - I'm pretty sure I'm hurting him.

After talking with Coach for an hour, it was clear as day this was undoubtedly the right thing to do. Not that I ever thought it wasn't. I just didn't want to deal with this debacle longer than I had too. 

Nevertheless, the two football hooligans made me feel stronger, made me feel like I could do this because of the amazing support system I had. 

I've already given my statement to the officer in charge, and was now waiting for him to come back so he could take me through a process that contains taking pictures of my bruised wrists, turns out I also have a couple of scratch marks on my back under my bra from Sean pawing at me - we found this out when a female officer asked if I sustained any other injuries, and because I wasn't sure, she had to do a full body check on me - which was rather humiliating I might add - but I'll take the latter of this situation. 

"Miss Ashford? We're ready for you now." The elderly police man says with a gentle tone.

Sadly, Duke had to stay behind. He evidently clicked onto the apprehension I was giving out so with a small nod and a reassuring smile, I mustered up more courage and followed the officer out the room and down the hall into another room, where a petit, young looking, brunette police woman was waiting for me. 

A black polaroid camera was set up and sitting on the one plain desk in the room just waiting to be used. 

"Hi, Thalia. My name's Sam." The friendly officer smiled at me.

I return her smile. "Nice to meet you." I say, for some stupid, unknown reason. This wasn't exactly the best situation you greet someone like that.

As if reading my mind, she responds with. "Sadly it's not under better circumstances, but nevertheless, it's nice to meet you too." She was sweet and already made me feel as comfortable as I could at this point. She picks up the camera before glancing at me with soft eyes. "Shall we get started? I don't want to keep you here longer than you need to be."

Thank fuck.

Sam, the friendly officer, talked me through the process. She would take the pictures of my injuries and they would be used as evidence against Sean - whether or not he accepted the charge with a guilty plea.