23

Chapter 23 || Call it science, call it fate, call it whatever you want

;you and me, always, forever, eternity

She fucking said yes!

The girl of my goddamn dreams is officially mine.

Fucking touch down for Dukey boy!

We're an hour into my girl and bro's party and everyone seems to be having the best time.

Having already knocked back more than five Malibu mixers, three whiskey shots and a pretty sick looking blue cocktail, Thai was on the dance floor, leaving my side for the first time all night. I remained at the bar, nursing my fourth beer - eyes clinging onto my girlfriend - fuck that feels weird to say. 

She's got her arms in the air, hands in her hair, hips swaying side to side, and her eyes lazily closed. The smile on her ruby lips reaches her eyes and damn, if I don't feel my heart tighten. She's so genuinely happy it makes me wanna make it an everyday occurrence. 

The red dress was a fucking sure pick too, she looks incredible. The way it hugs her figure and enhances every sexy curve my girls got, sitting against those tanned, toned thighs.

She thinks I don't notice she's been keeping me at arms length when it comes to being sexual, and I intend on letting her. I'm a patient man, I've waited for her for all these years, haven't I? Plus, I understand why she's doing it, not because she wants too, but because she feels she has too. After everything she went through with Sucky Sean - I'd kind of expected it - I just hope there isn't any part of her that thinks I'm anything like him.

A nudge from my right snaps me out my thoughts and back to the party, Allie slides up to the bar beside me, some fruity looking chick cocktail in his hand with a yellow mini umbrella hanging out the top of his curved glass. 

I can't help but snort as I side eye his drink, "don't lie and say one of the girls forced it on you."

I can see a smirk curve his lips as he leans his elbow and back against the bar, "I won't. It's pineapple and I plan on shooting in someone's mouth tonight."

Filthy animal.

I breathe out a chuckle, my eyes still locked on my blonde beauty. 

"You really like her, huh? Why didn't you ever tell me?" he asked, curious sure, hurt, probably.

Allie's always been my best friend, for my entire life, and everyone knows he and Thai come as a package deal - they were close, and I loved that about them, and to be honest, I don't think it's because they're twins, I think it's because they had no choice but to be close. Their parents are very career focused and had always aimed to maintain a picture-perfect life to the outside world, only I knew different. Daddy Ashford never bothered with his children - never attended a football game or a cheer competition, never showed up when Thai took part in the middle school talent show, wasn't bothered when Allias won the science fair in freshman year of high school - everything a parent should have experienced to celebrate his child, you bet Mr Ashford missed it.