♡CHAPTER 1 || AN ANUNCIO♡

《AN ANNOUNCEMENT》

Happily stacking a tower of Arepas on his plate whilst disguised as his hermana Dolores, Camilo hummed in delight.

He tapped one of his foot on the ground repeatedly, adding to his already full plate some fruits that his Tia had cut up.

Grinning he turned to walk towards where the table his Prima, Luisa had set up but flinched when a cough sounded from behind him.

Turning around slowly, he gave his Papi a sheepish smile when he raised a questioning brow.

"Buenos días, Papi..." He shifted back to himself.

"Camilo, stop pretending to be your Hermana mayor just to get seconds." Felix told his eldest son, before waving him off to the table.

Compliying, Camilo smiled widely to himself, balancing his plate as to not let any Arepas fall from their stack before sitting at the very end of the table, his Tio Augustin who was on his left gave him an amused look.

Soon, his Abuela had ushered everyone down to their chosen seat that day, the Family of eleven immediately digging into their Desayuno.

Chewing on his Arepa contently, Camilo listened to his Abuelas usual Morning announcements.

Briefly, his mind had drifted off to the thought of you, though the moment he did, his Abuela had called out to him.

He blinked in shock as all of a sudden, all of his Familias eyes had focused onto him, which he didn't mind, of course. It was unexpected is all since the usual focus of attention was always on his Prima, Isabela.

Turning his attention to the head of the table, where his Abuela was seated at, he gave her a smile. "Sí, Abuela?" He tilted his head in question, his curls following the action.

Abuela gave a gentle smile aswell, standing up from her seat to slowly walk over the other end of it, where Camilo was. "Your Tia Julieta had told me that you've shown quite the interest to Senor (L/n)s only Grand daughter."

Sitting up straighter on his seat (well as straight as his horrible posture would allow him to), Camilo widened his eyes, the hold he had on his Arepa loosening making it fall back into his almost empty plate.

"Oh!" His Mami had excitedly piped up, a rainbow above her head forming. "You mean (Y/n)? She's quite the lovely girl! ¿Es verdad, 'Milo?" She turned her focus to her eldest Son expectantly.

Camilo turned to his Mami who was slowly getting more excited, his Papi next to her giving him a proud smile and a thumbs up.

Flushing slightly, he directed his attention to his plate, fingers tapping nervously on the table.

Noticing his behavior, Mirabel who was sat across from him, pointed a finger at him with a wide grin. "¡Así es!"

He gave her a weak warning glare, something that his prima just laughed at knowing that it didn't have anything serious behind it before he faltered slightly as he felt the gentle brush of fingers on his cheeks, moving his curls away from his face.

Glancing at his Abuela by his side, she continued to speak. "Having an (L/n) into the Family is surely to strengthen our Encanto."

Catching onto what his Abuela was impliying, he nervously shifted into his five year self before turning back, his pupils dilating in their size.

"(Y/n) is the perfect girl for our very own Camilo." She said proudly, circling back to her seat. "In ten years time the both of them together will bring forth a brand new generation of powerful gifts to serve our community."

Camilo drew in a deep breath, lips suddenly pressing tightly to keep himself from saying anything, a forced smile making itself spread across his face.

He loves his Famillia, really he does. That includes his Abuela.

No matter how much high expectations she sets out for him, he won't ever stop loving her because of it.

Though right now, he can't help the bitter taste in his mouth at how she spoke of you like you were some kind of tool whos only purpose was to bring out more Madrigal children for the betterness of the Encanto.

Eyes darkening, he stared down his plate in front of him, the plate of Arepas left laying untouched as he suddenly lost his appetite to eat the rest, though for the sake of his Tia Julieta, he'll force them down if he had to.

Feeling a gentle nudge on his foot, he turned his focus back up front where Mirabel was squinting her eyes at him in concern.

Shaking his head, he gave her a reassuring smile in response though he could still feel her stare burning through his face when he turned away.

His Abuela faced him once more when she was near her seat. "So do woo your way into her heart, Camilo, before anyone else does."

He nodded, picking one of the last few Arepas in his plate, he forced himself to chew and swallow.

From the corner of his eyes he can see how his Abuela had turned to his Hermana who was seated close to her. "Dolores, is there anyone else who has also taken an interest to (Y/n) recently?"

Squeaking, Dolores paused before nodding in her place. "Lorenzo Sanchez."

Snapping his head to look at his Hermana, he had a look of shock before it turned into a scowl at the mentioned name.

"The bakers son?" Abuela quirked a single brow before turning to face her eldest Grandson, who was too distracted at glaring at his plate to look at her. "Looks like you have quite the competition, Camilo."

"Any more we need to know?"

Dolores let out another squeak before shaking her head.

"Alright then." Clapping her hands, his Abuela had called out their usual morning chant. "La Famillia Madrigal!"

"La Famillia Madrigal..." Camilo had murmured whith the rest of his Famillia who had shouted more enthusiastically.