♡CHAPTER 14 || ABUELO SABE♡

《ABUELO KNOWS》

"What's got you so happy, Hija?"

(Y/n) flinched at the sound of her Mamas voice behind her, the hold she had on the knkfe faltering and almost slicing her finger off.

Pushing away the knife and cutting baord away from her, she let in a deep breath of relief as she cradle her finger gently.

Turning around, she blinked confusedly at her Mamas suddenly worried face, eyeing the sharp object laying on the cutting board.

"You said something, Mami?" (Y/n) asked her and effectively snapping her out of whatever trance she was in.

Mama smiled gently, bumping her hips onto her Hiha to push her away and far from the counter, ignoring the protest that left her lips. "I'll take that, Gracias!"

"Mami!" She cried out, face scrunched up at her Mama.

Giving her a gentle smile, she turned back finishing off the last vegetables on the cutting board. "As I was saying, whats gotten you so happy, huh?"

(Y/n) formed an 'O' with her lips before moving to wash her hands. "Nothing."

She huffed out. "C'mon, you can tell your Mami anything you know!" She insisted, bringing over the cut up vegetables and dropping it on the pot of stew she was stirring up, her hand cradling her very pregnant stomach.

(Y/n) huffed back before a gentle smile made its way to her face. "Someone... befriended me Mami." She whispered shyly.

"Oh! Thats nice, Hija, who was it?"

"Francescos friend, Javier." She clarified, moving to just set up the table close to the kitchen seeing as her Mama would glare at her whenever she came close and an angry pregnant mother was someone she did not want to deal with today, especially when she was in such a good mood.

"Oh him? He's a nice boy!" Mama smiled widely, humming as she tested the taste of her stew.

"... Yeah." (Y/n) nodded, carfully placing the plates on each section of the dinner table before turning to the sound of their Casa's door opening and the sounds of footsteps.

Peeking out of the kitchen, she gave a smile to her Familia. "Welcome back." She called out softly followed by a loud greeting from her Mama behind her.

As usual, her Abuelo ignored her and opted to head straight to his room causing her to deflate the tiniest bit which didn't go unnoticed by her Papa who gave her a small pat on the head along with a kiss on the forehead in greeting. "We're home, Hija."

(Y/n) brightened up considerably before nodding.

Papa laughed before walking up to his esposa and giving her an affectionate kiss along with a greeting to their unborn child.

Her hermano and primos all said their own greetings, some more enthusiastic than others (Ahem Francesco) before they all went to their designated seats, waiting patiently after a days work of constantly fiddling around with instruments and practicing for Antonio Madrigals gift ceremony.

She followed after them eagerly before helping her Mama with setting up the stew on seperate bowls to scatter across the long table.

Seating herself in brtween Francesck and Nicolas, she fiddled with her fingers as they all waited on Abuelo to take a seat at the head of the table.