♡CHAPTER 10 || FURTIVAMENTE EN♡

《SNEAKING IN》

You let out a satisfied groan when your back landed on the soft covers of your bed, your arms sliding along your neck to spread your hair across your sheets.

Humming in relief, you allowed yourself to melt, your entire body relaxing as the bed sank underneath your weight.

You stared tiredly at the ceiling before fluttering your lashes shut as the days events finally caught up to you.

Before you can fully slip into your slumber, a small knock can be heard your window. Brushing it off, thinking it must have been one of the branches close to window moving from the wind.

You turned on your stomach, stuffing your face in one of your pillows, affectively messing up your already messed up hair.

Getting comfortable once more, the knock came again, once, twice, three times making you furrow your brows in confusion, your head lifting up from their comfort zone.

You stared curiously at the your curtain covered window, hesitantly standing up, your feet padding across the cold floor boards of your room, making a small shiver to run up your spine.

You slowly reached out to your curtain, your fingers barely grazing the fabric before the knock sounded against the window once more making you flinch in surprise.

Your fingers pinched the fabric, lifting it a crack and peeking out tensely, your shoulders squared up as your nerves skyrocketed.

Your eyes widened as they met the eyes of a sheepish looking Camilo who was sitting comfortably on one of the bigger branches of the tree next to your window, a nervous grin on his face as he gave you a small wave in greeting.

Hurriedly opening the barrier seperating the two of you, you ushered him inside your room.

Dusting himself off, he gave you a bashful smile, a hand coming up to scratch at the nape of his neck. "Hey there..."

You gave him an amused look, your arms crossing in front of your chest as he looked away guiltily. "Camilo, what are you doing here so late? It's--" You glanced at the clock. "--already 10:09"

"I know, just had the sudden urge to see you and..." Camilo admitted, his eyes trailing down your night gown before they widened in realization, his cheeks flushing.

Camilo whipped his body away from you, his hands covering his eyes from the sight that is you. "Lo siento! I didn't think this through enough!"

You looked down at your attire, your arms wrapping themselves on your waist self-conciously before a shy smile grew on your face as you stared at Camilos back turned away from you. "Camilo, it's not like I'm naked or anything, you know that right?"

His shoulders squared up at your voice, accidentally shifting into you before turning back. "But it's indecent for me to see you like this."

You softened at his declaration, stepping forward to lay your cheek on his shoulder making him stiffen at the sudden contact. "It's ok... no ones here to judge you, it's just us." You assured, your arms wrapping around his waist comfortingly.

Camilo drew in a shaky breath, one of his hands coming down to squeeze one of your wrist. "... You know, you really shouldn't trust anyone so easily when you look like this."

A soft laugh escaped your lips as you slightly tightened your hold on him. "And why is that?" You asked him teasingly.

"Because they might be planning to do something irrational, people can be cruel at times." He told you firmly, his brows furrowing in dissapointment and clearly not catching onto your teasing tone.

"Well, are you?"

The shapeshifter stiffened even more, his head turning to meet yours as best as he can so he can look you in the eye with his panicked ones. "O-- of course I'm not, I would never even dream of it!" Camilo spluttered out hurriedly.

You gave a sweet kiss to his cheek, letting your lips linger for a moment longer before pulling away to flutter your lashes at him. "See? You're good, I trust you."

The madrigal pursed his lips, resisting the urge to just melt into your embrace. "Well not everyone can have the exact same mindset, Amor..."

"I know, but you're not just anyone else now, are you?"

Camilo let out a soft exhale, a hand coming up to rub at the tip of his nose. "I suppose I'm not." He muttered in defeat as he let you walk around him to face him directly.

You gave him a smug grin, your fingers pinching at his frekle covered cheeks in victory before they settled in hanging over his shoulders. "You should know by now not to argue with me."

Camilo huffed, his hands hesitantly hovering over your hips as he took in your appearance. "Right, because Señorita (Y/n) is always correct." He humored sarcastically.

You hummed in agreement, lips stretch widely in a smile only for Camilos eyes to see.

Camilos eyes softened considerably, leaning foreward to nuzzle his cheek agaisnt yours affectionately.

"Your hair looks nice, by the way..."

Confused, you pulled away to stare at him questioningly. "What? I didn't do anything to it."

Camilo looked pleasently surprised, a small 'Ah' leaving his lips. "You didn't?" At that, you shook your head.

Amused, he jerked his head towards the mirror at the side of your closet, pulling away to give you space and stuffing his hands into his pockets.

You eyed him suspiciously, stepping over in front of your mirror before flushing in embaressment.

You let out an offended noise, your hands scrambling to fix the mess that had become your hair, setting your gaze on the shapeshifter to give a glare that looked more like a kitten trying to intimidate him.

Camilo covered the lower half of his face with the colar of his shirt, a few snickers spilling from his grinning lips.

You pouted at him. "You were making fun of me, weren't you?" You asked whilst bringing a hand to point at him in accusation.

Camilo snorted, his head shaking in disagreement, the grin on his face still very much present. "No-- N-- nono!" He denied in between laughter.

"I think the wild look suits you!" He admitted. "It's different--" You gave him a look. "--but it's a good diferent, don't worry!" He mocked a surrender.

Faltering, you pulled a strand of your hair anxiously. "You think so?"

"Uh-huh!" Camilo nodded vigoriously, moving towards you though he froze in his step as you both felt the thundering footsteps hurriedly making its way to what he can only assume was your bedroom.

A girls bedroom that he, a boy was currently in along with the owner herself right in front of him in her nightgown.

Panic settled on both of your figures, you sprang forward, pushing Camilo towards your closet as you hurriedly told him to be quiet.

Camilo nodded stiffly, shifting into a smaller version of himself to fit in better in the small space.

You closed the door shut, hoping that whoever was making their way towards your room wouldn't focus too much on the small cracks of your closet.

Just as expected, the hurried knocks on your door came making you flinch at the urgency.

"(Y/n), open the door right now!" The voice of one of your Primos demanded.

"Ok, ok!" You skipped over and opened the door quickly, looking like a deer caught in headlights as you stared widely at your Primo.

"Frances--"

"Where is it?" Francesco slid pass you, taking a swift glance at your room before facing you.

"Where is it?" He repeated, grabbing a hold of your shoulders tightly.

"... What?"