Chapter 11

A/N: Thank you all SO much for all of the support on this story, I think this is my most popular story that I've written!! I'm so overwhelmed by all of the support!! Thank you so much!! I hope you all enjoy this chapter!!

The three of them were just making their way down to the village from the forest when he heard it. The harsh clap of thunder. It was sunny moments before...

Julieta and Bruno caught each other's eyes. Pepa. It had to be.

Cassidy frowned as she looked in the sky, pointing to the dark, ominous clouds that rolled above them.

"This doesn't seem natural..."

Julieta sighed. "It's Pepa. But, why is she so upset?"

"She wasn't very happy when she learned that you two were going to get engaged." Bruno commented, and Agustín frowned.

"She's jealous?"

"Yeah. She wants Félix to do more, you know?"

"Wait." Julieta gripped Bruno's ruana and pulled him back to her. "You knew about it?"

Agustín rubbed his back shyly. "I asked your mother if it was okay, she must've told them."

"It's fine, Agustín, I'm just scared...for Pepa."

"I told her to go talk to him." Bruno muttered, brushing some dirt off of his clothes. "I guess it didn't go so well."

Cassidy brightened. "Wait...I think I know how to fix this."

"How?"

She smiled and began to run down to the village, everyone following her, but Bruno caught up to her more than the others.

"Cass! What...?"

"Félix bought her a gift, I don't think he gave it to her yet! If I can get it, we might be able to stop the storm!"

Rain began to pour on them, and Bruno could hear his sister yelling at her boyfriend in town square.

"Too late."

"Do you know how long I've been waiting for you to give me something?" Pepa exclaimed as the winds picked up. "We've been together for months!"

Félix wasn't even phased by her outburst, instead held out his hands and gave a small smile.

"Mi vida, I know. I've just been waiting for the perfect moment. And, life isn't about gifts, it's about experiences. And being with you has been the best experience in the world!"

Pepa frowned, the wind ceasing but the rain pouring down harder. "I...but I...I just want...something. Julieta gets stuff all of the time but I never do. She gets all of the attention, all the praise, the boy, and I'm just the girl that makes the whole town flood!"

Bruno felt Julieta's and Agustín's presence behind him as Cassidy ran for Félix's house. Julieta put her hands to her mouth in shock, tears undoubtedly mixing with rainwater, and Bruno tried to stay strong. Never had they heard her admit her feelings....she really felt like she was the outcast? That Julieta was seen as better than her?

Bruno felt that it was true. Pepa always had to keep her emotions in, always had to be perfect....but surely Juli felt stuff like that too, right? How many problems did the Madrigal family have?

"Pepa...I love you." Félix said, "I will give you all of the attention in the world, I promise. I just...I can't give you as good a gift as Agustín may be able to give Julieta, but I will do what I can to make you happy."

Cassidy ran up to him, face flushed, and quickly handed him the small box. Pepa watched him take it, eyes wide, and Cassidy made her way to Bruno, holding his hand earnestly.