Giovanni's Persian x Reader

(Apologies for the lack of updates. My brain has been everywhere but Wattpad lately. Not sure if I'll get to requests anytime soon, wrote this as a self indulgent piece.)

Region: Kanto (Red, Blue, Yellow, FireRed, LeafGreen, Let's Go! Pikachu, Let's Go! Eevee)

You sat at your desk quietly, filing paperwork and such for Team Rocket's business. It was quiet, the only sounds being the soft scratch of your pen on paper and the tick of a clock.
Your door was wide open, and you were so glued to your work you didn't notice the padded footsteps entering the room.
"Perrrr?"
You jumped slightly, glancing around before noticing Giovanni's Persian sitting next to you.
"O-Oh hello Persian! I didn't hear you come in. Is Giovanni busy?"
"Pers."
The cat Pokémon blinked up at you, nudging your arm in such a way that you dropped your pen, and before you could recover and pick it up, Persian was making itself right at home in your lap.
You stared, dumbfounded at what just occurred.
The boss's prized Pokémon was sitting in your lap just like it always did with its master.
Which caused another problem, you couldn't bend forward to do your work anymore.
Oh what a pickle this pretty Pokémon's put you in.
"Persian!" The Pokémon turned to you, nudging your hand.
"You... want me to pet you?"
A nod followed by another nudge to your hand. Shakily, you put your hand out, running it along Persian's soft head. Purrs soon rumbled out from it, the Pokémon sitting up to even nuzzle your face.
A gleeful laugh left you. "My, aren't you being affectionate!"
Another warm trill followed by louder purrs greeted your ears, Persian nuzzling under your chin as you leaned back in your chair, finding your tension melting away.
You'd get chewed out for not working later. For now, you weren't passing the opportunity to spend quality time with Giovanni's Persian.