Chapter 7

Previously on Chapter 6

"Are you okay, Will?" I asked. "He's back..." he said. "What?" I asked. "The Mind Flayer is back" he said. My eyes widened in shock at what he just said. The Shadow Monster... is back??

-A Possible New Host-

Y/N P.O.V

We're now back at Mike's basement to discuss about the Mind Flayer. Lucas and Mike is trying to get Eve and Max to come here. But seems like they choose to stick to their plan of, ignoring the stupid boys... and honestly, I don't blame them for reacting that way. These two are a bunch of idiots.

Will leans his body against mine, wrapping his arms around me securely. Lucas turns to look at me. "Y/N. Can't you go and get them or something?" He said. I gesture towards Will, who tightens his arms around me after Lucas said that.

"She's not going anywhere. I need her here" he said. I just smile and run my hand through his hair. "I'm not going anywhere..." I said, in a soft voice. He just smiles at me and moves to lay his head on my lap. I let out a giggle and continue to play with his hair.

Lucas rolls his eyes and turns to Mike, gesturing him to keep trying to contact the girls. Mike lets out a sigh when he didn't get through. He walks towards the telephone and dials her house's number.

"I need you to come here! Right now! This is code red!" He said, letting me know that Max have picked up the call. "Yes! Y/N is here too! One second... Y/N say something" he said, pointing the phone my way. "Hey, Max!" I said. "There, are you happy! Now both of you. Come here! Right now! This is code red!!" He said. He hangs up the phone and sighs.

"Those two are so pissed of both of you, and I don't blame them. You guys ARE jerks" I said, shrugging my shoulders. "Who's side are you on, Y/N?" He said.

"No one... just siding the one who's right. Which isn't you in this problem. You lied to Eve. Also, you acted rudely to Will" I said, glaring at him. Will wraps his arms around me to calm me down. Mike lets out a sigh and walk to a chair. He takes a seat and leans his head back. Now we have to wait for the girls to come.

A Few Minutes Later

I hear footsteps coming this way. The door opens to reveal Max and Eve. They make their way down the stairs.

"Max!!" Lucas said. He rush towards Max only for her to step aside, causing him to run into a wall. I snorted at the sight. Mike walks up to Eve.

"Hey... thank you for coming" he said. Eve lift her hand to shut him up. "I'm only here because Y/N's here" she said. Mike's smile falter at her words. I smirk at her words. "Serve you right" I said. Mike just sighs as Eve rolls her eyes. She walks to an available seat.

"You better have a good reasons to be waking us up at this hour" Max said, crossing her arms in front of her chest. "They do, Max..." I said. "Well... since Y/N said so. I believe that" she said. She walks towards me and take a seat on the empty spot next to me. I scoot closer to Will, to give her more space. Will just tightens his arms around me in return.

"At first, I didn't want to believe it. I first felt it on The Day of The Dead. Then I felt it again, when we are going up the hill" he said. I can feel his body a little tense. I wrap my arms around him, letting him lean his body against me.

"Then last night... by Castle Byers" I said. He nods his head. I turn to look at the others as they looked worriedly. "Even if I don't want to believe it. I think it means something" he said.

"But... Y/N and I closed the gate" Eve said. "Okay. We have to think for the worst. The Mind Flayer is back" Mike said. I nod my head in agreement. "But how is that possible?" Max said. Will thinks about it and stands up.

He grabs a piece of paper and starts to draw a rough sketch. "This is the Mind Flayer. Part of it attached itself to me. My mom and Y/N got it out of me... but what if it never left? The part that was in me... what if we ended up locking it here with us?" Will said. He turns the page and slams his hand down, which he gave smudge the drawing earlier.

"If it's actually here... then we have to find someone who's affected" I said. Will nods his head. "Y/N's right. If the Mind Flayer is really here. He would want to find a new host. A new me" he said. "How do you know if someone is a host?" Eve said.

***

We're now hiding not far from the pool. Eve told us that she saw Billy, but he's acting weird. So we all suspected that he might be the Mind Flayer's new host. We are trying to figure out.

"He looks normal to me..." Max said. "Really? How many times have you seen him with a shirt on? I've only seen him for like... what? 5 times? But I never seen him with a shirt on" Lucas said. "Okay, I admit. Maybe it's a little weird" Max said, finally agreeing with us. "More than a little! Doesn't the Mind Flayer likes it cold?" Mike said. The others stay silent as we continue to observe Billy from a far.

"Yeah, exactly. So why is he sitting out here when it's practically 100 degree!"  He added, knowing no one can explain about that. "But he's lounging at the pool!" Lucas said, trying to prove his point. Mike nods his head. "Yeah, which is the least Mind Flayer thing to do" he said. Lucas turns to look at me. "You have been silent about this whole thing. You're the most observant out of us. Do you sense anything in Billy?" He said.

"My sensory are pretty dull lately. I don't know. I'm not entirely sure. He might looks normal right. But... at the same time, not" I said. "The Mind Flayer likes to hide. He only used me when he needed me" Will said. I gently slip my hand with his.

"It's like... you're dormant. But when he needs you. You're activated" he said. He focus on Billy as he observe him. "Are we gonna wait for him to get activated then?" Lucas said. "No... we can't take any risk. We don't know what he'll do when he activate. He could be killing people. We have to find out if he's the host" I said, shaking my head. "She's right, we can't take any risk" El said, agreeing with me.

"So? What do you suggest we do?" I said. "I have an idea... come on, guys. Boys only!!" Mike said. "Are you serious?!" Max said. "Just trust me on this one" he said. Will give my cheek a quick peck before he chases after them. I turn to look at Max as she turns to Billy. "I really hope it wasn't you..." she muttered. I give her a side hug, trying to calm her down.

*to be continued*