Chapter 9

Previously on Chapter 8

"So... Billy is flayed. What are we going to do now? Eve and I barely manage to defeat him..." I said, breaking the silence. They stay silent because neither of them knows how to answer. I let out a sigh and snuggle closer to Will's side. I close my eyes, because I still feel exhausted. I let myself drift off to sleep out of exhaustion.

-There's More-

Y/N P.O.V

"We'll be needing more than just us. There's a lot of people that fight to close the gate. We can't do this on our own. We're just a bunch of teenagers!" I said. Eve nods her head. "We'll need the others too..." she said. I move to sit down.

"I wonder where Dustin is..." I said. I turn to look at Mike, Lucas and Will. The three of them shakes their heads, indicating neither of them knew where he is. I let out a sigh. I turn to look at Eve.

"We should look for Hopper, Joyce, Jonathan and Nancy" I said. She nods her head. "I'll do it... you need to rest" she said. I let out a sigh and nod my head. She take a seat on the floor and covers her eyes with a blind fold.

"I found Hopper... he's with Will's mom" Eve said. "M-My... my mom?" Will said. "They're going to Ill-annoy" she said. "Ill-annoy... Illinois? The state of Illinois?" I said. "What are they doing there?" Mike said.

Eve takes off her blindfold. "Come on... let's get you clean up" Max said, gently grabbing her hand. She gestures me to follow. I nod my head and stand up. I follow them and enters the bathroom.

Max gently cleans Eve's nose from the blood. "You have to clean yours too. You have dried blood" Max said, turning to look at me. I nod my head and turn on the water faucet. I gather some water in my hands and wash my face. I grab a tissue and start cleaning my nose.

"Does it still hurts?" Max said. I turn my head to see a bruise under Eve's chin. "Only when I talk..." she said. "Good thing you're not Mike... you know... bla bla bla... you'd be in constant pain" I said. The two of them bursts out laughing.

"Shh!" I said, placing my finger on my lips. They look confused. "Listen..." I said. They stay silent and start to listen. "I'm telling you... they're conspiring against me" I hear Mike's voice.

"That's what you're worried about?" Lucas said. "No. It's my second worry..." Mike said. Mike and Lucas kept going back and forth for a while. But Mike kept going back about Max and I conspiring against them.

"You guys do realize we can hear you, right??" Max said. The boys turns silent after she said that. The three of us looks at each other and burst out into a fit of laughter.

We walk out of the bathroom. Will walks towards me and hugs me tightly. "I literally just leave you for like 5 minutes" I said. "So? I just love holding you..." he said. I let out a giggle. I yelp when Will picks me up and walk towards a couch. He place me on the couch and sits next to me. He wraps me in his arms tightly.

"What's up with you?" I asked. "I want to shower you with love. So we won't ended up like Mike and El" he whispered. I turn to him with a raised eyebrow. He just give me an innocent smile. I burst out laughing and hugs him. "Such a dork..." I said. He just smile and nuzzle his face in the crook f my neck. I giggle at the ticklish sensation.

I hear a knock from the door upstairs. "Not now, mom!" Mike said. "Open the door, Mike! This is an emergency!" A voice said. "That sounded more like Nancy to me" I said. He nods his head and went up the stairs. He opens it to reveal Nancy and Jonathan.

They walk down the stairs. "I saw something... and it looks exactly like what had happened to Will..." she said. She takes out something from her purse and shows it to us. "Take a look at this... this is the medic record for Mrs. Driscoll. Look at the temperature" she said.

"The Mind Flayer likes it cold..." Mike said. I turn to look at him with a worried expression. "What time was it?" I asked, turning to look at Nancy. "Around 9.00. What time's the sauna test?" She said. "Same time. That means Billy and Mrs. Driscoll flayed" I mumbled.

"Flayed?" Jonathan said. "They're being controlled by the Mind Flayer" Mike said. "There's two of them" I said. "No, we have to assume there's more" he said. I nod my head in agreement.

"I saw Billy... he's with someone. Heather..." Eve said. "Wait... Heather Holloway?" Nancy said. I turn to look at her and nod my head. "Tom..." she said. I look at her in confusion. "What?" I asked. She turns around and walks away. "Come on!" She said. We look at each other and follows her nonetheless.

***

We're now in Heather's house. It's empty, and it looks stranded. Like no one have been home for weeks. I look around the place and notice something on the floor.

"Nancy..." I said. She walks towards me and take a look at what I pointed. "Blood... Tom wore a plaster on his head" she said. I turn to look at the blood. I reach down and close my eyes.

A flash of image appear in my mind. I can see Tom trying to run away. When out of no where a figure appear and smacks him in the head with a wine bottle. Through his blurry vision, I can see Billy looking down at him with an emotionless face and an evil look in his eyes.

"He was attacked by Billy..." I said. "How did you know?" Jonathan asked. "I saw it..." I said, standing up. I wipe the blood from my nose and sway a little. Will instantly catches me in his arms, before I fall over.

"Okay, you need to take it easy with your powers, Y/N" he said. "I'll be fine..." I said, patting his chest. I pull away from him, but he still holds my arm just in case I fall over.

"Mrs. Driscoll kept saying how she needs to go back. Why don't we let her?" Will said. We turn to look at him. I nod my head at what he said. "Yeah... that's a good plan. We let her go. She'll lead us straight to the source. Then we can put an end to this mess" I said. Everyone nods their heads in agreement with the plan.

*to be continued*