Chapter 18

Previously on Chapter 17

"We're out!!" I yelled, frustrated. What are we going to do now? How are we suppose to help the girls. I let out a frustrated scream. Hot tears streams down my cheeks at the thought that I've failed in saving the girl I love. I can't... I don't wanna lose Y/N. She means the world to me.

-Heartache-

Eleven P.O.V

Billy hover above me. I remember what happened back then. Y/N told me they talked about Will's beautiful memories to bring back their real self. I should do the same.

"Seven feet..." I said. Billy stares at me. I can see a tinge of emotion in his eyes. "The wave... you said it was seven feet. There were seagulls... your mother was wearing a white dress, with blue and yellow flowers. She's carrying a big hat with bow on it, along with a pair of sandals... covered in sand. She was pretty. She was really pretty... and you. You were happy" I said. A tear streams down Billy's eyes as he nods his head weakly. I place my hand on his cheek. He close his eyes for a moment.

He stands up and turns to the monster. I back away and turn to look at Y/N next to me. I scoot towards her and cover her body, just as the monster shoot it's tentacle at us. I have my eyes shut, bracing myself for the pain. But nothing came.

I open my eyes to see Billy holding the tentacle. The monster grabs his side. He gets lifted, making his feet dangling. One of the tentacle impaled through Billy's chest. The monster drops Billy and he lands on the floor.

The Mind Flayer suddenly screams. It moves around and I move away, dragging Y/N with me. I turn to the monster as it falls on the ground. I watch as the life leaves its eyes.

I hear footsteps moving towards me and turn my head to see Mike. "Mike..." I said. He kneels down next to me and hugs me. Will runs passed us and kneels down next to Y/N.

Will P.O.V

The monster is dead, meaning Mom, Hopper and Mr. Murray manage to shut the machine and close the gate. 'Y/N...' I thought. I turn around and run downstairs. Mike runs towards El, while I run towards Y/N.

I kneel down next to her and cups her cheeks. "Y/N. Hey. Wake up, Y/N..." I said. Tears streams down my cheeks as I stare at Y/N. The side of her head is bleeding heavily.

I lean down, placing my ear on her chest. Her heart is beating. But it's faint and weak. I shake my head and turn to look at her.

"No... no no no. You have to wake up. You HAVE to wake up, Y/N. Wake up!!" I said, lightly shaking her body. Everyone gathers around me as I keep trying to get Y/N to wake up. She have to wake up. She can not leave me.

Cops and people from ambulance starts rushing to us. I feel a hand grab my arm. "No! I'm not going to leave her!" I said, struggling to break free. "We just want to help, kid. Let the girl go! We'll give her a medical treatment" he said. I calm down and let them take her.

***

I stand in front of the ambulance, as the doctors starts working to treat Y/N inside the ambulance. I want to be inside, holding her hand. But the doctors needs some space to work.

I turn my head and notice my mom. "Mom..." I said. I run towards her and hugs her tight. I sob into her shoulder as I cry. I'm glad my mom is okay... but I'm also heartbroken knowing the girl I love is fighting for her life.