Chapter 15

Previously on Chapter 14

"Alright... I'm sorry. Next time I'll be more careful. Okay?" I said. I gently wipe his tears. He shakes his head rapidly. "No... no next time. You're not going back in there! I'm NOT taking anymore chances" he said, sternly. I let out a sigh and pulls him into a hug. He buries his face in the crook of my neck.

-Saving Dustin-

Y/N P.O.V

We gather around by the fridge. I sit next to Will. His arms is wrapped securely around me. My back leaning against his chest.

"You said was Dustin's voice, right?" I said, looking at Mike. "He might be in trouble" he said. "We have to look for him then..." I said. They nod their heads in agreement. I was about to stand up, but Will grab me and tightens his arms around me.

"Will... I have to help" I said. "No, Y/N. Not in your condition. You just woke up. I'm not letting you go back to the void. What if something happens to you? And this time you can't get out! What am I suppose to do then??" He said.

"Will... this is different, okay? Billy is Flayed. But not Dustin. He's our friend and we have to help him" I said. He shakes his head stubbornly. "No. You're not going back there... not again. I can't lose you. I don't wanna..." he said, tightening his arms again. I let out a sigh.

"Okay, but loosen up. I'm not going to die in the void. But I could die if you hold me too tight... I can't breathe..." I gasp out. "Oh... sorry" he said, loosening his arms. But he still holds me close.

"It's okay, Y/N... I can do this" Eve said. "Be careful, Eve..." I said. She sits in front of the fridge with its door open. She covers her eyes with a blindfold. I hear a sound of can opening. I turn my head to see Lucas. He's drinking coke. The sight of coke makes me remember what happened back then. Back in Hawkins Lab.

Flashback

"Okay, Six... I want you to try and set this can on fire with your element control. I want you to try it without touching it..." Dr. Brenner said. I just turn my head to look at the can. I focused hard on it and it bursts into flame.

"Good" Dr. Brenner said. But then I feel something snapped within me. Fire starts appearing from my body.

"Stop it!!" Dr

"Stop it!!" Dr. Brenner said. "I-I... I don't k-know how!" I said. I could see Dr. Brenner have pressed something. Then extinguisher started spraying into the room. I screamed as I covered my face. I fell on the floor and curled up into a ball.

Dr. Brenner entered the room once he made sure it's safe. He took off his coat and draped it on me. "We have to learn how to control it... don't worry. I will help you..." he said.

End of Flashback

"Y/N!" I jumped at the voice. I turn my head to see worried faces. "What?" I asked. "You zoned out... I thought you went back in there..." Will said, looking at me with teary eyed. I frown at what he said and gently place my hand on his cheek.

"Oh... I'm sorry, Will. I was just thinking about what happened back then" I said. He place his hand on top of mine. "Why do you keep worrying me?" He mumbled. "I'm sorry..." I said. He lets out a sigh and hugs me. I hugs him back, gently rubbing his back.

I turn to look at Eve. "Did you find him?" I asked. She nods her head. "Yeah... they're at the mall. I can see bad people" she said. "Well then. What are we waiting for. We have to go and save them!" I said, in urgent as I move to stand up. The others follows along. We head out of the convenient store and towards Nancy's car.

***

We are on a higher level. I can see people holding weapon on the floor below us. They're making their way to a food shop. I'm guessing that's where Dustin is. I turn to Eve and nod my head. She outstretch her hand and send a car flying towards the bad men.

Dustin peaks through the counter. I can see Steve, Lucas's little sister and the girl from the ice cream shop. What was her name again? Oh right, Robin.

We head downstairs. Dustin rushes towards Mike and Eve and hugs them. I walk towards them with Will's arm around me, making sure I'm not going to fall.

"I still don't understand what happened to that car" Robin said. "Oh it was El. She moved it with her mind" Steve said. "That's El?" She said. "I'm sorry, who are you?" Nancy said.

"She's Robin, she manage to crack a secret Russian code" Dustin said. "Russians? What Russians?" Jonathan said. "Those people..." Steve said. "They were Russians?" I said, looking at him in shock. "Well... some of them" Lucas's sister said. "Don't you get my message?" Dustin said. "No... we can't hear most of what you were saying" Mike said. "Damn low battery" Dustin said. "How many times do I have to tell you about low battery??" Steve said. "Well... it all worked out in the end, right??" Dustin said.

I hear a loud thud and turn my head to see Eve on the ground. "Oh God... Eve!" I said. I pull away from Will and rush over to her. Mike following along. I kneel down next to her.

"What's wrong, El?" Mike said. "My... my leg. My leg!" She said. "Her leg... check her leg!" I said. Mike quickly unwrap the bandage around her leg. My eyes widened when I see it. It have a deep wound. Then there's something moving. Eve starts screaming from the pain.

"There's something in there. Y/N! Do something!" Mike said, turning to me. "I can't do anything with that thing still in there! We gotta get it out first!" I said. "Okay! Keep her awake! Keep her talking!" Jonathan said. He stands up and runs away.

He comes back with a knife. "Did you sterilize it?" I asked. "Of course! It's going to hurt like hell, okay?" Jonathan said. "Don't say that! You're going to make her nervous!" I said. "We have to warn her. So she can brace herself! And Here, El... you might want to bite into it" He said, giving a wooden spoon to Mike. Mike takes it and place it on Eve's mouth.

Jonathan grabs the knife and slowly cut the wound open. Eve starts screaming. Jonathan drops the knife and insert his hand into the cut.

"No! Stop it!!" Eve said. "Stop!" Nancy said. "I can do it..." Eve said. She moves to sit up and lift her hand. She starts screaming as she try to pull the thing out of her leg. The window behind us shatters. I outstretch my hand and make a shield appear so the glass shards won't hurt any of us. Eve screams as she throws it away.

It moves away, but get squashed by a boot. I look up to see Hopper. Joyce and... I don't know who that is, standing behind him. The adults are finally here. I let out a sigh of relief as I move to sit down from a kneeling position. Will pulls me closer, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. I place my head on his.

*to be continued*