Chapter 16

Previously on Chapter 15

It moves away, but get squashed by a boot. I look up to see Hopper. Joyce and... I don't know who that is, standing behind him. The adults are finally here. I let out a sigh of relief as I move to sit down from a kneeling position. Will pulls me closer, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. I place my head on his.

-We're Cornered-

Y/N P.O.V

I kneel down next to Eve. I place my hand on her leg, just close to her wound. I focus on healing the injury. I feel my blood dripping out of my nose. Will kneels next to me. He wants to make sure I didn't overdo it.

"Okay, Y/N... that's enough. Your blood is flowing more now" he said. "I'm almost done..." I said. He place his hand on top of mine. "Enough, Y/N... you'll hurt yourself" he said. I ignore him and continue. Eve's injury is starting to close.

My eyesight starts to get blurry. I shake my head and try to focus. I feel a hand on my shoulder. "Enough, Y/N..." Eve said. I lift my hand from her leg. "Sorry... I only manage to close the wound. Don't move too much, okay? It'll risk re-opening the wound again" I said. She nods her head and smiles at me. "It's okay, Y/N... thank you" she said. I smile at her and give her a gentle hug.

Will gently turns me to face him. He lift his hand and gently wipe my nose with a tissue paper. "Are you feeling okay?" He asked. "I am..." I said, smiling at him.

"What happened back there? You know... why didn't you leave the void the same time as El?" He asked. "I was trapped. Billy attacked me, wrapping a tentacle that shot out of his hand. It was scary..." I said. He frowns and pulls me into a hug.

"I'm not letting you go back in there..." he said. I wrap my arms around him, nuzzling my face in his chest since he's a lot taller than I am. Eve is being held by Hopper. I sit next to Will, with his mom on his other side.

Murray and Dustin is discussing about the gate that a group of Russians managed to open. It was inside a secret facility. Hopper and Joyce will go there to shut the machine down, which will instantly close the gate. That means we'll defeat the Mind Flayer.

Will talks with his mother before she will leave with Hopper. She pulls him into a hug. A really right one at that. "I'll be okay..." she keeps whispering while hugging Will. "Mom... it's too tight" Will said. I walk towards them and stand next to them.

Joyce turns to look at me and pulls me into a hug. I wrap my arms around her in return. "Please take care of my son, okay?" She whispered. I nod my head.

"Of course, Joyce. You can leave him to me" I said, nodding my head. She pulls away and smiles at me. She cups my cheeks and place a soft kiss on my head. I smile softly at her. Ever since mom died... Joyce is the one that's been like a mother to me.

Mike helps Eve stands up, after she have her little moment with Hopper. I walk towards them and let Eve wrap her arm around me for extra support. I wrap my arm around her waist to hold her up. She watch in sadness as her father walks away. I feel a hand slips into mine. I turn my head to see Will. He looks scared and sad.

"She'll be okay, Will" I said. He turns to me and give me a weak smile. His tears starts to stream down his cheeks. Eve moves her arm from my shoulder. I turn to Will and wrap my arms around him.

He returns the hug and burst into cry. I gently rub his back. I can't say much... because I don't know myself what will happen. I don't want to give Will a false hope.

He buries his face into the crook of my neck. I can feel my skin getting wet, from his tears. "My mom left to fight... you're the only one I have now. Don't leave me, okay?" He said. "I'm here with you, Will. I'm not going anywhere" I said. He nods his head and tighten his arms around me.

"We have to find another place that will be safer than here. We need to barricade ourselves" I said, turning to look at the others after pulling away from Will. He still keeps my hand in his, seemingly afraid to let me go.

We get out of the mall and towards Nancy's car. I get behind with Will. He wraps his arm around me and I lean my head on his shoulder. Jonathan starts up the car but it won't turn on.

"Uh, your mom just bought this car, right?" He said, turning to look at Nancy. "Of course! What's wrong with it?" She said. "Open up the hood" he said. He get out of the car and check it.

"What's wrong, Jonathan?" I asked, while popping my head out of the car. "The ignition cable is gone!" He said. "What??" I said. I hear a sound of engine and turn my head. I notice a familiar car not far from where we parked.

"That's Billy! He found us! We need to head back in. Back inside the mall! Hurry! Hurry!" I said. I get out of the car. The others follow in suit.

I make sure the others are inside. I outstretch my hand and will all the door to close. I lock them all, to make sure we'll be safe inside. Even though I know, Billy would just smash the glass door. So... I don't know why I even bother doing that.

"There's no way that drives, right?" Nancy said. I turn my head to look at her to see her looking at the car Eve threw towards the Russians. "No... we just need the ignition cable" Jonathan said. "Alright... come on. We have to move the car so we can take the cable" I said. Everyone works together to move the car, but it didn't budge.

"Let me try..." I said. Everyone moves out of the way. I outstretch my arm and try to pull it towards me. I feel blood streams down my nose. I only manage to shift the car a bit. I breathe heavily and fall onto my knees.

"I can't do it..." I said, weakly. Will runs towards me. "It's okay, Y/N. You've tried your best. Maybe you're just still drained" he said. Eve try using her power as well, but she can't do it either.

In the end, Mike guides them and tell them what to do. After a lot of struggles, they finally manage to move the car. Jonathan quickly take the ignition cable.

"Guys..." Will said. I turn my head to look at him, to see looking up. It starts shattering as something try to break it from the outside. Oh no... it's the Flayed Monster. It found us. We're cornered.

*to be continued*